The Student Room Group

A-level russian written response to texts 24-06

im studying pikovja dama and revisor
how do you structure the written response to text essays, like do you do some sort of PEE or PEA and what MUST you include because im struggling so much!!!

also how do you revise for the english-russian translation?? its my weakest part and i dont know how to improve

any help is better than none
Reply 1
bit late lol but I'm pretty clueless aswell. the essays are only 200 words so I doubt they expect detailed analysis especially in Russian. I think as long as you summarise the story in relation to the question they are asking it'll be fine. ( I hope) i'm doing queen of spades as well and cherry orchard. Pre u past papers are good practice for the translation IMO. How did u find the paper today ?
Original post by atleast
im studying pikovja dama and revisor
how do you structure the written response to text essays, like do you do some sort of PEE or PEA and what MUST you include because im struggling so much!!!

also how do you revise for the english-russian translation?? its my weakest part and i dont know how to improve

any help is better than none
Reply 2
Original post by fevi
bit late lol but I'm pretty clueless aswell. the essays are only 200 words so I doubt they expect detailed analysis especially in Russian. I think as long as you summarise the story in relation to the question they are asking it'll be fine. ( I hope) i'm doing queen of spades as well and cherry orchard. Pre u past papers are good practice for the translation IMO. How did u find the paper today ?

idk tbh i think i did alright in everything apart from speaking and in the translation i literally made up two russian words
i didnt manage to collect my results though so im waiting till school starts
did you find out what you got??
Reply 3
Original post by fevi

yo how did you doooo???
i got an A
Original post by atleast
yo how did you doooo???
i got an A

I'm doing Russian for A-level next year (private candidate).
I've just bought the book "пиковая дама"
Do you have any tips or advice? How should i analyse it?

If you have any resources I'd be really grateful. I've never studied Russian at school.
Do you know which characters we have to study and what areas specifically?
I am independently studying for A-level Russian and I am currently reading and analysing the Queen of Spades (Пиковая дама) by Pushkin.

I understand everything that's going on and I can describe the events- that's not a problem.

The only thing that I find difficult is how to use analytical terminology like we do for English literature GCSE.

For example,
-This suggests
-This creates a (***********)
-The author presents

And so on, could any Russian-speakers or Russian A-level students help me out?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending