The Student Room Group

long distance relationship?

so i really like this girl and we used to meet and talk but now there are countries between us... i haven't confronted her with my feelings yet cuz i dont know how long distance relationships work or can i make it work...or is it worth it and i should just move on?
Does the girl feel the same way? can you tell if she likes you too? The best thing is to talk. talking to each other is the only way to figure this out.
Reply 2
Well we used to be at school together and when we left someone told me she HAD crush on me.....I guess that is the reason why I started to feel something towards her.....I don't know how she feels now and we talk and she tells me personal things and all that and idk does she say that because of who she is or because she feels something towards me
Original post by Anonymous
Does the girl feel the same way? can you tell if she likes you too? The best thing is to talk. talking to each other is the only way to figure this out.
Reply 3
just move on pal
Reply 4
If you think so
Original post by darkred
just move on pal
I had a long distance relationship for quite awhile and it worked really well. It only ended because he got very serious and I'm still under 18 so nothing could of happened.

What I'm saying is if you really like each other no matter the circumstances it will work out and barriers will be broken down. You ofcourse will have big hurdles in the way but it's your choice to jump or just fail.
Reply 6
The thing is I have never been in a long distance relationship..it's name itself sends off scary vibes to me and I have no idea what I'm up against and I also don't know the feelings from her side so yesh
I had a long distance relationship for quite awhile and it worked really well. It only ended because he got very serious and I'm still under 18 so nothing could of happened.

What I'm saying is if you really like each other no matter the circumstances it will work out and barriers will be broken down. You ofcourse will have big hurdles in the way but it's your choice to jump or just fail.
The thing is I have never been in a long distance relationship..it's name itself sends off scary vibes to me and I have no idea what I'm up against and I also don't know the feelings from her side so yesh

Well my long distance relationship was my first ever relationship and I totally dont regret it.

But couldn't you say it's easier to say your feelings when it's not in person. I mean I had to do the same and I honestly thought he wouldnt feel the same but surprisingly he did.

So I honestly thing you should go for it if ofcourse you're sure there is something between you guys.
so i really like this girl and we used to meet and talk but now there are countries between us... i haven't confronted her with my feelings yet cuz i dont know how long distance relationships work or can i make it work...or is it worth it and i should just move on?

If you both like each other and are committed then it can work. But you need to have an end to the distance. It can work with trust, respect and communication but it's all pointless if neither of you are willing to make the move.
Reply 9
So what's the worst case scenario if I'm not sure about her side and I go for it...like a wild deer on hunting season...I mean I don't even wanna ruin the friendship that we have
Well my long distance relationship was my first ever relationship and I totally dont regret it.

But couldn't you say it's easier to say your feelings when it's not in person. I mean I had to do the same and I honestly thought he wouldnt feel the same but surprisingly he did.

So I honestly thing you should go for it if ofcourse you're sure there is something between you guys.
I think she tells you personal things because she trusts you and feels comfortable sharing personal things about her with you. It's not easy sharing personal things about yourself to people, so you are special to her and maybe she still has a crush on you. It's whether you are willing to take the risk and pursue her, that's up to you. despite the outcome, you shouldn't regret it because what's meant to be will be and life has a funny way of making things work.
Well we used to be at school together and when we left someone told me she HAD crush on me.....I guess that is the reason why I started to feel something towards her.....I don't know how she feels now and we talk and she tells me personal things and all that and idk does she say that because of who she is or because she feels something towards me
You just gave me hope in this dark world xD thank you for the advice I will probably go for it....before it's too late cuz it's better to have shot the shot than not shooting at all right??
I think she tells you personal things because she trusts you and feels comfortable sharing personal things about her with you. It's not easy sharing personal things about yourself to people, so you are special to her and maybe she still has a crush on you. It's whether you are willing to take the risk and pursue her, that's up to you. despite the outcome, you shouldn't regret it because what's meant to be will be and life has a funny way of making things work.
Honestly, I would just tell her how you feel. The worst feeling will be letting go without knowing. She obviously considers you to be someone close to her, thats why she tells you everything. Maybe shes just waiting for you to make the first move? I mean, I'm a girl and thats what I always do lol. Im in a long distance relationship myself and have been for 2 years now, known him for 4 years and its going great. He is my first proper boyfriend as well. As long as you can put up with the distance it should work out great given how well you both get on now :smile: good luck and let us know how it goes!
Great comment, I agree
Honestly, I would just tell her how you feel. The worst feeling will be letting go without knowing. She obviously considers you to be someone close to her, thats why she tells you everything. Maybe shes just waiting for you to make the first move? I mean, I'm a girl and thats what I always do lol. Im in a long distance relationship myself and have been for 2 years now, known him for 4 years and its going great. He is my first proper boyfriend as well. As long as you can put up with the distance it should work out great given how well you both get on now :smile: good luck and let us know how it goes!
Well should I find a right moment to tell her or do I just go for it...? I really hope it works. I will keep you guys posted 😂
people tend to be more open & agreeable in the evening as opossed to the morning (check the different time zones), but it shoudnt matter, if its meant to be, its meant to be. just go for it :h:
Well should I find a right moment to tell her or do I just go for it...? I really hope it works. I will keep you guys posted 😂
So I guess you all agree that I should just go for it and that I have nothing to lose. If it works out then good if it doesn't then good too.
By closing the time frame gap between noticing things are not how you want them to be and taking action to change your circumstances, you will speed up your success, while others dither, hesitate and get nowhere.
So I guess you all agree that I should just go for it and that I have nothing to lose. If it works out then good if it doesn't then good too.
Just wait for when the times right and when you're ready! :smile:

P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending