The Student Room Group

Policy Advisor- EU exit interview (HEO)

Scroll to see replies

guys how hard are the numerical tests? im ok with SJT I think but numerical tests im worried as I've failed fast stream one. Any tips/advice would be really appreciated!!
Hey guys. Is preparing one example per competency enough or do they ask for more examples per competency? Thanks :smile:
Hey there. I haven't done one in a while but I would say take your time and think it through. Maybe others in this thread can help more? :smile: Sorry for not being of much help!
Original post by purpleraine673
guys how hard are the numerical tests? im ok with SJT I think but numerical tests im worried as I've failed fast stream one. Any tips/advice would be really appreciated!!
I was in the process of applying for this but found out that they closed for applications this evening at 6pm!
gu
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi there
My interview got rescheduled. Any further advice on the interview element? Is it just the competencies that were asked and were they asked in a way where they said 'tell me about a time you have delivered at pace'? Any help would be much appreciated as I'm not sure what to expect! Thanks a lot!
Original post by ShamCC
Did you have to go through a match-making process to be allocated a role within a team?

I have completed all pre-employment checks and I am currently going through this “match-making” process to find a suitable role within a team. Just wondering if you had a similar experience!

Have you been marched to a role yet? I’m still waiting..!
I've got to say, finally got the opportunity to schedule an interview today for the first time since getting an invite in May. In the interim, I've applied for, interviewed for, been offered and accepted another HEO Policy Advisor role. I know this has been a large recruitment campaign but it has to go down as one of the worst I have ever been a part of. People interview in Feb not starting until now, how can the Department actually work like that? I really wish the best to everyone in this process, it still sounds an amazing role doing some really good stuff. I just think that it could have been run so much better.Best of luck, but don't stop looking outside this process if you become frustrated as plenty of other roles are also available.
Reply 48
I finally had my interview yesterday. Does anybody know how many candidates reached this stage? Or how many roles remain?
Glad to hear things have worked out for you ‘sounds complex’. I was scheduled to have my ‘informal chat’ with the team leader for a role today but they didn’t phone at all 🙃. Dunno why I’m surprised to be honest the whole process has been diabolical
How long after their interview did people hear back re whether they'd been successful or not? Had mine yesterday and said I'd hear back within ten days.
Original post by Django9495
How long after their interview did people hear back re whether they'd been successful or not? Had mine yesterday and said I'd hear back within ten days.

Mine actually took about 2.5 months haha. But if they said you’ll hear back in 10 days I’d imagine you will because they are ramping up brexit preparations so need staff
Original post by Mdavenport45
Mine actually took about 2.5 months haha. But if they said you’ll hear back in 10 days I’d imagine you will because they are ramping up brexit preparations so need staff

Cheers! Anyone else told they'd hear back within ten days?
Reply 53
Hi

I heard back last Thursday that I was successful at interview on 9th August and got my provisional offer. All rather fast. I've now had an email asking me for ID in order to pass my checks, which I've sent. Everything else has been submitted to them.

Does anyone know how long it took them after submitting their ID before they had the confirmation?

Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 54
I am guessing this thread is dead.

But if anyone is watching, how long did it take to get matched to a role?

I've passed all my checks on 3rd September and was told someone would be in touch. I've heard nothing since.

Thanks
Original post by MWJ190
I am guessing this thread is dead.

But if anyone is watching, how long did it take to get matched to a role?

I've passed all my checks on 3rd September and was told someone would be in touch. I've heard nothing since.

Thanks

It took me about half a year
Reply 56
Original post by Mdavenport45
It took me about half a year

That's promising Haha I was hoping that the pre employment checks were the longest stage of the process 😭 lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 57
I had my interview back in on the 11th July and I have still to hear if I've been successful or not! They told me that everyone interviewed will hear back at the same time at the end of the month, but I reckon I haven't got it. What a crazy time scale they're working on! Grrrrr
Reply 58
Original post by danm22
I had my interview back in on the 11th July and I have still to hear if I've been successful or not! They told me that everyone interviewed will hear back at the same time at the end of the month, but I reckon I haven't got it. What a crazy time scale they're working on! Grrrrr

I'm sorry to hear that. You've been waiting even longer than myself. Hopefully we'll all get something soon. The wait is horrendous. Everything else for me was quick - finding out I was successful was less than a week, security clearance and pre employment was weeks. But it's now been nearly a month and nothing. I assume they're in a limbo but it would be nice if they informed all of us of delays or issues
Reply 59
I got sent a pension choice form. Suppose that's movement of some sort Haha not even got a start date but being registered for a pension 🤷*♂️😂😂😂
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply