The Student Room Group

A levels choices help

(Starting in September) At the moment Ive chosen A-level Maths, A-level Computer science, A-level Media and BTEC ICT I’m considering dropping media for physics but not sure of the difficulty as right now I would say I’m a 8/7 in physics at GCSE. Also would not taking physics hurt me as I want to go into computing really but kinda want my options open for engineering.?
(edited 4 years ago)
Have you started A levels or are you starting in September. If you have already started it is probably too late unless you intend taking an additional year. You would need to check with your intended universities whether they will accept A levels over 3 years as some expect them over 2 years and done in the same sitting. If you havent started yet then taking physics would be helpful in keeping your options open.
Original post by A-level help
At the moment Im doing A-level Maths, A-level Computer science, A-level Media and BTEC ICT I’m considering dropping media for physics but not sure of the difficulty as right now I would say I’m a 8/7 in physics at GCSE. Also would not taking physics hurt me as I won’t to go into computing really but kinda want my options open for engineering.?
Starting in September
Original post by swanseajack1
Have you started A levels or are you starting in September. If you have already started it is probably too late unless you intend taking an additional year. You would need to check with your intended universities whether they will accept A levels over 3 years as some expect them over 2 years and done in the same sitting. If you havent started yet then taking physics would be helpful in keeping your options open.
Reply 3
Physics is required for engineering, I’d stick with maths, compsci and physics.
I’m just worried about the difficulty of physics and how it may impact the grades of my other subjects, I’m currently an 8/7 in physics at GCSE should I take it? How will I find it?
Original post by Deggs_14
Physics is required for engineering, I’d stick with maths, compsci and physics.
in that case take Physics as it will keep more Engineering options open
Starting in September
I’m just worried about the difficulty of physics and how it may impact the grades of my other subjects, I’m currently an 8/7 in physics at GCSE should I take it? How will I find it?

I'd suggest speaking to your teachers although it sounds like you should be ok. If Physics is too difficult at A level then you are likely to struggle in Engineering. Physics and Maths are the main subjects required for entry to Engineering degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest