The Student Room Group

Yr 11 prom 2019!

I have a dilemma...
I wear glasses coz Im blind without them and the theme for prom is masks
So should I wear glasses then buy a mask on a stick to wear and keep taking it on and off during prom (like for pictures and on my entrance to prom (but I might not see))? This would be hard and also someone might take my mask wen I take it off.... I’ve been searching everywhere for masks with glasses and Yh (cheap ones tho)
Or should I just wear contacts and buy a mask on a stick? This is easier but prom is ONLY a few days away and idk how to wear contacts and I’ve already scratched my eye because of it so.... I wanted to take a mask on stick but u k... this dilemma is holding me back My contacts would be the same colour as my normal eyes and I’m just gonna wear contacts on one eye coz they r both different if u get wat I mean.... I don’t wanna get into detail but Yh they r different so

Or should I just not even wear a mask...like f it 😏😒

If I just put a mask on top of glasses then that’ll look weird

I really need help because idk wat to do
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I get that a theme is important, but I think being able to see and also be comfortable is more important! If I were you I'd wear the glasses and then get a mask on a stick, it'll look just as good in photos and I highly doubt anybody will take it.

You could always try contacts over the next few days to see if you get used to them, but your comfort comes first!
Reply 2
Hey, thanks for the reply
I’m still unsure ☺️
But I’m too lazy to start trying contacts so I have to go with the other option
But don’t u think it’ll look weird? Entering prom with glasses and then keep taking it off and on to wear my mask in photos
Reply 3
Not at all, people know you must wear glasses for a reason so they won't even question it :smile:
Original post by Sannah 21
Hey, thanks for the reply
I’m still unsure ☺️
But I’m too lazy to start trying contacts so I have to go with the other option
But don’t u think it’ll look weird? Entering prom with glasses and then keep taking it off and on to wear my mask in photos
Reply 4
Original post by Interea
Not at all, people know you must wear glasses for a reason so they won't even question it :smile:

Omggg thanks so much
Honestly u’ve made me feel better now
I was bareee stressing! .... that’s how I am 😌😏
Reply 5
No worries, enjoy your prom! :biggrin:
Omggg thanks so much
Reply 6
Omggg thanks so much

One question tho...soz: wen I enter prom, should the mask just be in my hands? Coz my clutch would be too small 😌 and I can’t just put it on top of my glasses coz that’ll look weird
Reply 7
Sure, you can just hold it if you want. I don't know what your prom will be like, ours wasn't so much of a grand entrance thing, everyone just arrived bit by bit and stood around taking photos and complimenting each other's outfits for about an hour before we went inside. At the end of the day you just do whatever you want, there are no rules about how to follow the theme, just have fun :smile:
One question tho...soz: wen I enter prom, should the mask just be in my hands? Coz my clutch would be too small 😌 and I can’t just put it on top of my glasses coz that’ll look weird
Reply 8
Original post by Interea
Sure, you can just hold it if you want. I don't know what your prom will be like, ours wasn't so much of a grand entrance thing, everyone just arrived bit by bit and stood around taking photos and complimenting each other's outfits for about an hour before we went inside. At the end of the day you just do whatever you want, there are no rules about how to follow the theme, just have fun :smile:

Ok! Thank you
Omg u r a lifesaver
Thanks a lot
Reply 9
You can try contacts (daily ones) and bring the glasses with you just in case. Wearing glasses and taking them off just for pictures is not a big deal.
I'm sure you won't be the only one with glasses anyway....
Reply 10
Original post by Kathy89
You can try contacts (daily ones) and bring the glasses with you just in case. Wearing glasses and taking them off just for pictures is not a big deal.
I'm sure you won't be the only one with glasses anyway....

😌 thank so much
I’m gonna stick to wearing glasses then taking them off during pictures
Thank so much coz I feel much better bout it now!
Our prom was a masquerade too and NO ONE bought a mask 😂

Dw, do what you feel comfortable with x
Reply 12
Original post by RazzzBerries
Our prom was a masquerade too and NO ONE bought a mask 😂

Dw, do what you feel comfortable with x

Rlly?!
Yh I’m telling my friends if they r bringing masks and they’re like f that... 😒😒
Lol I ordered it yesterday so it’ll come next Wed or Thursday...can’t undo that.....
But Yh I’ve decided to go prom with my glasses and a mask yaaaay
But acc I’m thinking of returning the mask....coz basically all those popular ppl probz will be bringing masks and flashy dresses 😒😒. I don’t even care bout them rlly but won’t I be an odd one out? Or prom is just bout having fun so I shouldn’t worry right
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Idk y I was BAREE stressing bout this
In the end... prom got cancelled....
😕😕😕
Idk y I was BAREE stressing bout this
In the end... prom got cancelled....
😕😕😕

That's a shame, what happened?
Reply 15
Original post by Interea
That's a shame, what happened?

Police case around that area and police were everywhere to search for the guy
So it wouldn’t be safe if we went prom....
Police case around that area and police were everywhere to search for the guy
So it wouldn’t be safe if we went prom....

Wow yes probably for the best!
Reply 17
Original post by Interea
Wow yes probably for the best!

😂
But I was SO looking forward to wearing my dress!!!
U k my sis was gonna do my makeup and hair
And JUST after she finished my hair I looked at my phone and got BARE TEXTS saying prom’s cancelled!
😂
But I was SO looking forward to wearing my dress!!!
U k my sis was gonna do my makeup and hair
And JUST after she finished my hair I looked at my phone and got BARE TEXTS saying prom’s cancelled!

Are you going to sixth form/college? Might get another chance then
Reply 19
Original post by Interea
Are you going to sixth form/college? Might get another chance then

Yh!
And Yh I will 😌
U finished yr 11 right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending