The Student Room Group

Could Hunt have a chance of winning with Rory Stewart on a ticket?

Ok now it's the final two between Boris and Hunt.
Hunt is gonna need something big/bold to match Boris as the odds are against him.
Rory Stewart is out but is the only other guy aside from Boris to massively energise the Tory party membership.
If Hunt was on a ticket with Rory Stewart (Rory Stewart as his chancellor), could they have a chance of beating Boris?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's not how it works here. No.
Original post by Cass911
Hunt is gonna need something big/bold to match Boris as the odds are against him.
Rory Stewart is out but is the only other guy aside from Boris to massively energise the Tory party membership.
If Hunt was on a ticket with Rory Stewart (Rory Stewart as his chancellor), could they have a chance of beating Boris?

No.

This is Boris' contest to lose. All Hunt can do is wait and see if the press have any significant dirt on Boris or Boris drops a significant brick.
The decision is being made by registered Conservative Party voters, having Stewart would sooner kill his chances.
Original post by Cass911

No.
Original post by nulli tertius
No.

This is Boris' contest to lose. All Hunt can do is wait and see if the press have any significant dirt on Boris or Boris drops a significant brick.

Unlikely, they have printed it all already.
Original post by ColinDent
Unlikely, they have printed it all already.

I think you need to look at this morning’s papers. Boris has dropped a Fletton Common Stock from a great height.
Original post by Cass911

No there is zero chance anyone but Boris can win the only person possible and even then it would have been unlikely would have been Dominic Rabb as he is about as hard a brexiteer as you can get.
I think you need to look at this morning’s papers. Boris has dropped a Fletton Common Stock from a great height.

Omg Boris apparently has argument with girlfriend....

1. Like that would even make a difference.
2. Was it even real? The neighbour just happened to call the police, apparently records the argument and then conveniently sends it to the most left wing news paper 😂

3. The police said no action was needed and they didn’t suspect anything.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by paul514

2. Was it even real? The neighbour just happened to call the police, apparently records the argument and then conveniently sends it to the most left wing news paper 😂

It is clearly real. The police aren’t going to take action for a domestic where both parties want no action taken unless they are seriously concerned about someone’s welfare. Ultimately this is a lovers’ tiff of the kind that happens every night of the week up and down the land by people who aren’t trying to become Prime Minister.

Have the police ever been called to one of your rows with your partner? No, me neither.
It is clearly real. The police aren’t going to take action for a domestic where both parties want no action taken unless they are seriously concerned about someone’s welfare. Ultimately this is a lovers’ tiff of the kind that happens every night of the week up and down the land by people who aren’t trying to become Prime Minister.

Have the police ever been called to one of your rows with your partner? No, me neither.

Honestly, could not give a **** about this particular incident as it appears to be overblown hype.
The police were called not by Mr Johnson's girlfriend but by some nosey interfering neighbour, maybe the neighbour has some sort of agenda?
Ask yourself this, have you never heard your neighbours arguing before, you know really losing their ****, and did you feel the need to call the police?
I know I have and that I didn't, because it was none of my business, oh and before you suggest otherwise it was just a very heated argument and no one was hurt, the kind of thing that happens at some point in most relationships.
Original post by paul514

1.Then you are naive because it could have been Boris defeating Boris. Yes it could have made big difference depending on the events that happened.

2. Ofc it happened because theres a recording, but all the other neighbours confirmed it as well as have some Boris supporters and it has not been denied.

3. Because a 5 minute visit by plod is always going to get to the bottom of domestics.

Has it tarnsished him? A bit.
Is it enough to derail his leadership bid? Nowhere hear on the facts reported.
Has it given an insight onto the life of Boris? Yes.

What point are you making here?
Honestly, could not give a **** about this particular incident as it appears to be overblown hype.
The police were called not by Mr Johnson's girlfriend but by some nosey interfering neighbour, maybe the neighbour has some sort of agenda?
Ask yourself this, have you never heard your neighbours arguing before, you know really losing their ****, and did you feel the need to call the police?
I know I have and that I didn't, because it was none of my business, oh and before you suggest otherwise it was just a very heated argument and no one was hurt, the kind of thing that happens at some point in most relationships.

I wouldnt hesitate to call if I felt that someone was being abused or assaulted and I feared for their safety. Clearly you would do f all.
Honestly I really do not like Boris, but I think if he became PM we’d a) have a more interesting time and b) maybe have a better chance of remaining in the EU, as he’s quite likely to mess up by doing something silly like suspending parliament.
Original post by 999tigger
I wouldnt hesitate to call if I felt that someone was being abused or assaulted and I feared for their safety. Clearly you would do f all.

Not true, but this does not sound like it was that kind of argument.
Do you not asses the situation first?
Oh and I have on one occasion felt the need to check on a neighbour whose grown up junkie son was going completely mental at her, but again from the report in the Guardian ( who'd have thought) the Boris incident was nowhere near as bad.
Not true, but this does not sound like it was that kind of argument.
Do you not asses the situation first?
Oh and I have on one occasion felt the need to check on a neighbour whose grown up junkie son was going completely mental at her, but again from the report in the Guardian ( who'd have thought) the Boris incident was nowhere near as bad.

You werent there and the neighbour was.
Believe it or not there are lots of domestic arguments up and down the country, but there are also lots of abusive domestic relationships as well.
There was lots of screaming, silences and items being thrown. It wasnt just one neighbour who noticed this but several.
Even if they were just having a domestic, then I think its open to any of the neighbours to call the police if they are keeping the whole block awake or even one of them. I wouldnt want neighbours like that.

Calling the police is just a precautionary calming measure.

The media are loving it and its not just the Guardian.
Poor show by the neighbour passing the recording on, but if anything it should have been given to the police.
Would have been very easy to do with a decent mobile and that also gives an indication of how loud they must have been.
Suspicious it went to the Guardian, but maybe the neighbour sold it. Still a bit of a scoop. It could have been dynamite and career ending with the right content, but it wasnt. Minimal effect imo, but bored of hearing of all the conspiracy theories and attacking the neighbours. If anything they will want him to win so he moves out.
You werent there and the neighbour was.
Believe it or not there are lots of domestic arguments up and down the country, but there are also lots of abusive domestic relationships as well.
There was lots of screaming, silences and items being thrown. It wasnt just one neighbour who noticed this but several.
Even if they were just having a domestic, then I think its open to any of the neighbours to call the police if they are keeping the whole block awake or even one of them. I wouldnt want neighbours like that.

Calling the police is just a precautionary calming measure.

The media are loving it and its not just the Guardian.
Poor show by the neighbour passing the recording on, but if anything it should have been given to the police.
Would have been very easy to do with a decent mobile and that also gives an indication of how loud they must have been.
Suspicious it went to the Guardian, but maybe the neighbour sold it. Still a bit of a scoop. It could have been dynamite and career ending with the right content, but it wasnt. Minimal effect imo, but bored of hearing of all the conspiracy theories and attacking the neighbours. If anything they will want him to win so he moves out.

No I wasn't there but yes I do question the neighbours motives, it's as simple as that.
No I wasn't there but yes I do question the neighbours motives, it's as simple as that.

All of them?

As youve said youd do nothing, which at least keeps it simple for you.
What point are you making here?

Johnson is politically accident prone.

I suspect Norma had things to say about Edwina Currie but what was said remained behind closed doors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending