The Student Room Group

Where to start with maths - PLS HELP MEE

Basically I’m really bad at maths (like really bad) but I’m in year ten and planning on dedicating my entire summer holiday to maths (and physics ughhh) and I want to use my syllabus - should I go from easiest to hardest our hardest to easiest - I can do basic concepts of maths - im in set two but I just messed around this year and I know I can do better. (I want a b or a - preferably an a atm I’m at an d/c - ik it’s bad 😬)
Practise. Practise. Practise!

Mathsgenie is a great resource for GCSE maths because there are breakdowns for topics and levels and past papers and practise papers.

Corbett Maths also has some resources that can aid you in your revision too.

Perhaps emailing your maths and physics teacher(s) to ask for certain topics or things to look at, or topics they could suggest you should practise and improve over.

If you learn the ins and outs of physics, it will be much easier to answer questions so make sure you leave no stone unturned. Maths it’s just a matter of putting some time in each day (not too much though!) into ensuring you understand the topic, exam questions and then speed will come with practise.

You got this!
Also, sometimes having a vision of the entire range of topics is useful, so have a look at the specification for your subject and exam board and then look over what topics and certain concepts you do and don’t understand at the moment.
Reply 3
Original post by Marcus_:D
Practise. Practise. Practise!

Mathsgenie is a great resource for GCSE maths because there are breakdowns for topics and levels and past papers and practise papers.

Corbett Maths also has some resources that can aid you in your revision too.

Perhaps emailing your maths and physics teacher(s) to ask for certain topics or things to look at, or topics they could suggest you should practise and improve over.

If you learn the ins and outs of physics, it will be much easier to answer questions so make sure you leave no stone unturned. Maths it’s just a matter of putting some time in each day (not too much though!) into ensuring you understand the topic, exam questions and then speed will come with practise.

You got this!

Tysm this was very motivating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending