The Student Room Group

Parents furious over me burning A-Level notes in a Safe place

As per the title, I’m probably gonna get IT from my parents. Do you think they should be angry over this or am I in the wrong here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't tell them they will never notice!
Original post by Anonymous
As per the title, I’m probably gonna get IT from my parents. Do you think they should be angry over this or am I in the wrong here?
how is it any of their business what you do with your own notes?
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Don't tell them they will never notice!

Well I was dumb and told my mom and she’s gonna absolutely give me it! I just wanted to take some pressure off my shoulders. It’s gone to absolute crap now!
My parents would be the same if I burnt all my notes just after a levels finished... they say I need to wait for results day just in case 😅 fair enough I guess if they care??
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by okurr123
My parents would be the same if I burned all my notes just after exams finished... they say I need to wait for results day just in case 😅 fair enough I guess if they care??

Technically not notes just past papers I did, I did not burn actual *NOTES*
Reply 6
Just to clarify they’re past papers not notes! I have all my notes safe and sound untouched.
I don't understand what the big deal is? Why would your parents even care
Reply 8
Original post by maddiesmith
I don't understand what the big deal is? Why would your parents even care

I don’t know, my mom is absolutely furious and I’m at my tipping point. I’ve gone through so much exam stress so this is unbareable. I literally did this close to a desert. I don’t see the big issue.

Lol I binned all my notes after MOCK exams because I don’t rely on notes and just make new notes when I need them. Tell your parents that writing notes just help you remember things and the actual notes have no value to you
Just let her rant say you are sorry and you were totally stupid and say you just did not think. We all know it does not matter so just make the right noises and she will calm down.
I don’t know, my mom is absolutely furious and I’m at my tipping point. I’ve gone through so much exam stress so this is unbareable. I literally did this close to a desert. I don’t see the big issue.
Technically not notes just past papers I did, I did not burn actual *NOTES*

Oh ok... that’s odd they want you to keep past papers?
Are they annoyed about there being a fire and that being dangerous, or are they annoyed that you no longer have your past papers?
Original post by Mustafa0605
Lol I binned all my notes after MOCK exams because I don’t rely on notes and just make new notes when I need them. Tell your parents that writing notes just help you remember things and the actual notes have no value to you

Not even notes just past papers
Original post by StrangeLilBean
Are they annoyed about there being a fire and that being dangerous, or are they annoyed that you no longer have your past papers?

The fire part
Reply 15
Your dumb fault for bragging to your parents, you get what you deserve mate.
I think people are missing the point. It’s not what he burnt that is causing the issue, but rather he fact OP did the burning.
not being funny, but you're like what, 17, 18? if they haven't taught you how to be safe around fire by now then that's just bad parenting. I burnt my school uniform at 16 and my dad watched
Couldn't you have just recycled them instead?
Yeah setting random fires is dumb as hell. I'm not surprised they're angry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending