The Student Room Group

Islam - female masturbation (friend needs some advice)

So my friend asked me for some advice but I don't know what to say to her as I don't know this topic very well. She's 19 and masturbated using a pillow because she couldn't help herself is this considered haraam and what should she do now?

Scroll to see replies

Shes going to hell
Tell her to either place all of her sexual energy in other activities e.g exercising, gardening however if she can't stop then it fine for her to masturbate in my own personal opinion, I'm an 18-year-old female who does it to, I mean everyone does in one form or another, don't place any blame on her cuz the guilt afterward is the worse and you don't want her to feel ashamed about it. A tbh is ****ing amazing once you orgasm so I would say try and distracted herself from doing and if not it's fine to want to do it
yes it is haram which seems to be the strongest opinion, try n spend ur energy doing something else it is hard :/
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So my friend asked me for some advice but I don't know what to say to her as I don't know this topic very well. She's 19 and masturbated using a pillow because she couldn't help herself is this considered haraam and what should she do now?

Carry on and not feel guilty. She just has hormonal needs. Its nice snd harmless while she looks for the relatonship that she wants!
Reply 5
but I would like an Islamic view on this situation
Original post by mgi
Carry on and not feel guilty. She just has hormonal needs. Its nice snd harmless while she looks for the relatonship that she wants!
Reply 6
she said she didn’t orgasm though?
Reply 7
She said she didn’t orgasm though
yes it is haram which seems to be the strongest opinion, try n spend ur energy doing something else it is hard :/
Reply 8
everyone commits sins
Original post by TastyMurloc
Shes going to hell
Reply 9
but I would like an Islamic view on this situation

There isn't one! That's why none of your tsr posters quote the Quran. If you think of having sex with someone does that make you feel guilty?
I guess it would because your only meant to have it with your husband
Original post by mgi
There isn't one! That's why none of your tsr posters quote the Quran. If you think of having sex with someone does that make you feel guilty?
Reply 11
I guess it would because your only meant to have it with your husband

But the key word is "think"! If you think of sex and you are single is that a problem?
no I don't think just "thinking" about sex is a sin but she actually acted on her feelings on an inanimate object lol

Original post by mgi
But the key word is "think"! If you think of sex and you are single is that a problem?
Reply 13
no I don't think just "thinking" about sex is a sin but she actually acted on her feelings on an inanimate object lol

And you think that it is wrong for someone to do that? so no dildos in marriage then? If she had used her hand instead would that have been ok then? And what about oral sex in marriage? is that a "sin" as well?
idk if it’s wrong but I think it is. In marriage sex is different and you can do anything except the stuff that has been said your not allowed to
Original post by mgi
And you think that it is wrong for someone to do that? so no dildos in marriage then? If she had used her hand instead would that have been ok then? And what about oral sex in marriage? is that a "sin" as well?
Reply 15
idk if it’s wrong but I think it is. In marriage sex is different and you can do anything except the stuff that has been said your not allowed to

" idk if its wrong but i think it is" Do you see the issue here? You owe it to yourself to understand and rationalise the reasons for your beliefs on sexual behaviour. Look at the questions i asked you in my previous post. Try to find the answers for yourself! Explore your feelings and understandings.And remember cultural preferences/traditions do not always make any sense and can cause people great unhappiness!
I just know you should get married if you need your sexual desires to be fufilled as your husband is the only person who can do this. So doing it yourself is haraam and you should repent for it
Original post by mgi
" idk if its wrong but i think it is" Do you see the issue here? You owe it to yourself to understand and rationalise the reasons for your beliefs on sexual behaviour. Look at the questions i asked you in my previous post. Try to find the answers for yourself! Explore your feelings and understandings.And remember cultural preferences/traditions do not always make any sense and can cause people great unhappiness!
Reply 17
I just know you should get married if you need your sexual desires to be fufilled as your husband is the only person who can do this. So doing it yourself is haraam and you should repent for it

Suppose you husband turns out to be gay or asexual and failed to tell you because what then will happen to you?This has happened before. So you are saying that you are not allowed to sexually please yourself because that is simply your husband's job? What happens then if he does not do it for years? Repent for having sexual desire? really?
that’s a different scenario I don’t know the exact Islamic rulings on it but I believe you are allowed to get a divorce and remarry.
Original post by mgi
Suppose you husband turns out to be gay or asexual and failed to tell you because what then will happen to you?This has happened before. So you are saying that you are not allowed to sexually please yourself because that is simply your husband's job? What happens then if he does not do it for years? Repent for having sexual desire? really?
Reply 19
Original post by mgi

A person should never ever get married in order to simply fulfil their sexual drives. It is madness believe me! And divorce=the definition of stress!!Sounds like yiu should have left Islam ages ago!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest