The Student Room Group

Will Boris make it as PM or has he ruined his chances now?

What do people think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He'll easily win.
Why do you think that?
Original post by Drewski
He'll easily win.
Reply 3
Original post by Kutie Karen
Why do you think that?

Because Hunt is a non-entity and the only people who can vote are members of the conservative party who'll back Boris all the way.
Hunt is a massive dweeb and gets 0 respect from anyone. BoJo gonna restore the Anglo hegemony and teach Europe they have always been the little fish.
Boris shouted at his girlfriend....:afraid:

Once he is safely in #10 he can shout as much as he likes and chuck the vino around to his heart's content.
Original post by Drewski
Because Hunt is a non-entity and the only people who can vote are members of the conservative party who'll back Boris all the way.

If it gets to a vote.

If you thought Saturday was pretty hysterical against Boris, that is nothing to what the Sunday Times is leading on.
He hasn't 'ruined his chances' the whole argument thing is probably made up *******s anyway.
His partner came out to say the whole story around it is garbage and baseless. The police found no offence or anything of note. End of story. It's his private life, stop mucking about it.
The people who are about to decide the next prime minister for us really don't give a toss about this.
the neighbours are entitled trustfund Laborites. why on earth Boris is living near these trolls is an utter mystery.
Reply 11
Original post by Drewski
Because Hunt is a non-entity

I dunno, he managed to make quite a name for himself for shoving a tanto into the belly of the junior Doctors and NHS..
Original post by Muppetress
It's his private life, stop mucking about it.

Yeah politicians (especially those attempting to be PM) don't really get the option of a private life.
For that matter it is quite literally in the job description not to bring the government/country into disrepute - i'd say getting the plods called on you meets that criteria.
Original post by nulli tertius
If it gets to a vote.

If you thought Saturday was pretty hysterical against Boris, that is nothing to what the Sunday Times is leading on.

The 'security risk' thing? Ironic to see this being used between Tories, it's normally reserved for chucking at the Labour leader a day or two before the general election.
Original post by the bear
the neighbours are entitled trustfund Laborites. why on earth Boris is living near these trolls is an utter mystery.

If you want to live in Camberwell, you have to do as the Camberwellians do. :teehee:
the neighbours are entitled trustfund Laborites.

As opposed to Johnson, who was born with such a large silver spoon I'm surprised it could fit in his mouth?
We have to face the fact that this posh clown is our next PM. If Corbyn wasn't such a non-entity the Labour party would be poised for three terms after this Tory shambles.
Apparently he bears a long running grudge against his Dad for.... making him go to the European School in Brussels (surrounded by dreadful people like children of diplomats, career civil servants, business leaders, etc) and for, er.... well that's it really. Apparently that and the Eton feud with Dave is why we are all where we are.
Based on the Tory membership Boris can gaffe as much as he wants but as long as he promises that the UK will leave by the 31st October he will win. I'm just hoping he does something so stupid he has to withdraw.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by BeetRoots
We have to face the fact that this posh clown is our next PM. If Corbyn wasn't such a non-entity the Labour party would be poised for three terms after this Tory shambles.

Indeed. There's this fantastic nonsense in Tory circles that they should pick him because he was able to win in London, but that was against Ken Livingstone in his declining (and blatantly anti-semitic) years and Boris was able to mobilise the suburbs with blatant appeals to racism. Presumably we will get the same when the general election comes with the most horrible reawakening of direct racism this country will have seen since the 50s from both Tories and the Brexit Party.

Labour desperately need to pick a new and tougher leader who can connect with the masses - not sure who that is though.

i agree, no charges were made, no plans for further investigation and the police left after a matter of minutes.

Could there have been a small argument, maybe, who knows.

The fact the media cottoned onto to this so quickly and the neighbour had a transcript of the situation makes me incredibly suspicious, and the fact it was the Guardian as well...

I honestly think there's a good chance a very small 2 minute argument, and an entitled extreme-lefty neighbour thought they would try and ruin BJ and called the police & contacted the press.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending