2019 hardest and easiest alevel paper

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rtb2
which was worse step 2 or 3?

personally step 2
Reply 81
What did u make of paper 3 ocr chem
Original post by username4316210
Ikr chem paper 2 was hard af! But everyone was saying it was good at school.
easiest-aqa english language paper one
hardest- aqa geography paper two
Original post by Aadz7
Easiest: AQA Maths Paper 3
Hardest: AQA Further Maths Paper 1/2

Why were they so mean to us with Fm?
Easiest: OCR (MEI) Maths Paper 3 (Comprehension)
Hardest: OCR (MEI) Further Maths Core Pure (2 hours 40 is hell)
Easiest: psychology paper 2 AQA
Hardest: French paper 1 AQA (that was hell, hope the grade boundaries are really low haha)
from the 1s i sat:
hardest: paper 3 edexcel salters biology
easiest: paper 1 edexcel salters biology
Reply 87
Hardest: Edexcel Maths Paper 2
Easiest: Edexcel Maths Paper 3
easiest: AQA bio paper 1
hardest: Edexcel maths paper 2
Original post by chrisfu21111
Easiest:OCR biology paper 2??
Hardest: EDXECEL MATHS PAPER 1 AND 2

I actually have the same feeling.......It's a truth!
Oh god I feel like I'm gonna be controversial, but...

Easiest: Edexcel Maths P2
Hardest: OCR Physics A Unified/Edexcel Further Maths Mechanics 1
Calling Edexcel maths paper 2 easy on here is a bold move! :tongue: (I mean I didn't think it was that bad but I'm pretty sure that's just because I do further, it was mean for a normal maths paper)
Original post by RutlandConspirac
Oh god I feel like I'm gonna be controversial, but...

Easiest: Edexcel Maths P2
Hardest: OCR Physics A Unified/Edexcel Further Maths Mechanics 1
Original post by Interea
Calling Edexcel maths paper 2 easy on here is a bold move! :tongue: (I mean I didn't think it was that bad but I'm pretty sure that's just because I do further, it was mean for a normal maths paper)

I agree - it was quite mean for a normal maths paper. However it was the paper where I had the most "What the **** is this asking abou... OH!" moments, like the first question (I did the question as a SUVAT and as I flipped over the page to Q2, I realised it was a trapezium rule.) Although I will say that Paper 1 felt difficult just for the sake of it - almost on the level of Physics P3 and Further Maths FM1.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes, paper 1 was your standard "technically on spec but just a tricky paper", paper 2 was easy enough but required a solid understanding of notation that you don't necessarily develop just doing normal maths.
Original post by RutlandConspirac
I agree - it was quite mean for a normal maths paper. However it was the paper where I had the most "What the **** is this asking abou... OH!" moments, like the first question (I did the question as a SUVAT and as I flipped over the page to Q2, I realised it was a trapezium rule.) Although I will say that Paper 1 felt difficult just for the sake of it - almost on the level of Physics P3 and Further Maths FM1.
Reply 94
what mark do u think you got on on the core pure paper it was so bad I honestly think I got 90/144
Original post by Marcus_:D
Easiest: OCR (MEI) Maths Paper 3 (Comprehension)
Hardest: OCR (MEI) Further Maths Core Pure (2 hours 40 is hell)
Reply 95
what do u think you got in the mech minor and core pure exam I think I got 90/144 in core pure and 46/60 in mech minor
Original post by MysteryVader
Easiest- OCR MEI Maths Paper 3
Hardest- OCR MEI Further Maths Mechanics Minor
Original post by Sathvik
what mark do u think you got on on the core pure paper it was so bad I honestly think I got 90/144

To be fair I actually have no idea lol I skipped a few questions and messed up some, so I’m hoping I got near 100
Reply 97
I feel like I got around 100 but I'm saying 90 just in case cus the paper was harder than the practice papers by a mile, did u do mech minor or stats minor as well?
Original post by Marcus_:D
To be fair I actually have no idea lol I skipped a few questions and messed up some, so I’m hoping I got near 100
Original post by Sathvik
I feel like I got around 100 but I'm saying 90 just in case cus the paper was harder than the practice papers by a mile, did u do mech minor or stats minor as well?

Yeah did mech minor it was meh the last question sucked and the bloody show that question for the boats eeek!

Stats minor was pretty good actually in general.

Modelling with Algorithms was a big eeeek I kinda just lost it with time and everything, but oh well.

Further Maths is my 4th subject anyway, so I obviously had to balance a lot with my time.
Don't know exactly but I feel that Core Pure was pretty good for me, at least 130 I think. Mech Minor was s*** I think 45 would be an approximate mark, that paper didn't work out, I think it was also because it was sandwiched between two maths papers with STEP during the same week, so I didn't get a whole lot of time to spend on it, except the day before. With core pure we had half term, so I think that helped. Tomorrow we have extra pure after a week long gap, so no excuses there.
Original post by Sathvik
what do u think you got in the mech minor and core pure exam I think I got 90/144 in core pure and 46/60 in mech minor

Quick Reply

Latest