The Student Room Group

Crystals

I placed this topic on the health section because I regard crystals to have healing properties and a lot of benefits.
So, I have a few questions regarding this, because I'd like to do this properly and safely. My crystal is a rose quartz and I wear it as a bracelet.
1) I want to cleanse my crystal only using moonlight. Does it only have to be a full moon or can it be any moon?
2) Once I cleanse my crystal, do I need to do anything specific to it? I've heard some bizarre things like giving it a mantra?
3) Since I wear the crystal, it picks up supposed negative energies from the surroundings and myself - so do I need to cleanse the crystal everyday?
4) What happens if I don't cleanse the crystal?
5) What do people mean by giving it "mantras"? Do I need to do that?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you don’t cleanse it then nothing happens since crystals don’t work. Magic doesn’t exist in this real world.
Save your money.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I've seen you around some crystal posts and I don't appreciate seeing these kinds of comments. Please refrain from them around this discussion. I know you mean well but I've made my decision to go by it, thank you.
Original post by Bio 7
If you don’t cleanse it then nothing happens since crystals don’t work. Magic doesn’t exist in this real world.
Save your money.
if you chant over your crystal that will help to energize it. you should place the crystal on the relevant chakra you are working on.

this video will help with the chanting ?

Reply 4
Thank you for your reply. Do you know how to cleanse it? Or by energizing it do you already do that?
Original post by the bear
if you chant over your crystal that will help to energize it. you should place the crystal on the relevant chakra you are working on.

this video will help with the chanting ?

Original post by liaente
Thank you for your reply. Do you know how to cleanse it? Or by energizing it do you already do that?

the energizing vibrations will clean out the bad energy and replace it with good energy ?

you should try it for yourself to see how effective this ancient knowledge is.
Reply 6
Alright, I'll experiment with it.
the energizing vibrations will clean out the bad energy and replace it with good energy ?

you should try it for yourself to see how effective this ancient knowledge is.
this video will help you with your chakras

Reply 8
I do not wish to see these kinds of comments on this discussion. If you have any questions, please make your own discussion. I have genuine questions I'd like to have answers to, and not these types. Thank you.
the lattice energy contributes to chakra energy in ways not fully understood by science ?
Reply 10
Original post by liaente
I do not wish to see these kinds of comments on this discussion. If you have any questions, please make your own discussion. I have genuine questions I'd like to have answers to, and not these types. Thank you.

You’ve posted a question about crystals. People that don’t think they work can still post here it isn’t offensive to disagree with you.
Reply 11
Well then I guess I'll have to ignore these types of comments from now on then as they don't help answering my questions.
Original post by Bio 7
You’ve posted a question about crystals. People that don’t think they work can still post here it isn’t offensive to disagree with you.
electricity was viewed in a similar way by the early scientists. you should not close your mind dude.
You might do better Googling the answers to those questions or looking them up on Youtube. Search for Ryan Cropper or Infinite Waters, they'll likely have some videos on this topic. If not, try elsewhere.
electricity was viewed in a similar way by the early scientists. you should not close your mind dude.

Oh my god, bear, I thought you were cool...
Reply 15
Yeah I'm starting to think that too, some people just can't accept that others want genuine answers to questions like these. Thanks man.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You might do better Googling the answers to those questions or looking them up on Youtube. Search for Ryan Cropper or Infinite Waters, they'll likely have some videos on this topic. If not, try elsewhere.
“Cleansing”, “mantra’s”, “negative energies” and any other mention of supernatural powers that crystals are claimed to possess have not been proven nor any evidence that they possess any ability has been found. I’m sorry to tell you but it’s all nonsense
Original post by liaente
I placed this topic on the health section because I regard crystals to have healing properties and a lot of benefits.
So, I have a few questions regarding this, because I'd like to do this properly and safely. My crystal is a rose quartz and I wear it as a bracelet.
1) I want to cleanse my crystal only using moonlight. Does it only have to be a full moon or can it be any moon?
2) Once I cleanse my crystal, do I need to do anything specific to it? I've heard some bizarre things like giving it a mantra?
3) Since I wear the crystal, it picks up supposed negative energies from the surroundings and myself - so do I need to cleanse the crystal everyday?
4) What happens if I don't cleanse the crystal?
5) What do people mean by giving it "mantras"? Do I need to do that?
Reply 17
Disappointed this is not about the old nighclub
Original post by liaente
Yeah I'm starting to think that too, some people just can't accept that others want genuine answers to questions like these. Thanks man.

It's cool. I know a lot of people like to jump on the ''psuedoscience'' bandwagon but if it's something you believe in (I believe in it too) then the opinions of other's shouldn't matter :smile:

Hope you find the answers you're looking for.
People in this chat need to actually calm down with the negativity. If this person is getting into crystals and wants to learn more by all means they are allowed to do so. No need to disprove her or anything. I know this example is not to the same extent but would you go to a post of someone enquiring about a religion or some spirituality thing and try to scientifically disprove everything. Doubt most people making these comments are actual scientific professionals. The person who made this post- you go and be you and have fun with your crystals, I have some of my own and personally I dont really believe there is drastic healing or anything I do like carrying eg amythest which is said to help with anxiety as a lucky charm. Obviously don’t rely on crystal healing for severe injuries or threatening illnesses (just because of safety it’s much safer to receive medical treatment ☺️) but there’s a lot of interesting information online for cleansing and recharging crystals with sage, moonlight, etc. And different crystals correlate supposedly to a chakra emitted from your body, and different crystals have different properties! I hope you find your answers from someone way more experienced than I, but I’ll be happy enough to talk about crystals and talk about what crystals your interested/ collecting :smile: this is a very interesting post thank you for posting!

Quick Reply

Latest