The Student Room Group

Strange accent

Ok so I was born and raised in Northern Ireland but my parents moved to New castle (England) when I was 11 and my accent is actually the weirdest... you don't meet many northern Irish Geordies.. So I was wondering what's the weirdest and most unusual accent you have heard?
Reply 1
i've been to stoke
Do you sound Australian, by chance?
I don't think so. Just imagine a female version of ant and dec combined with someone from northern Ireland with a strong accent
Original post by Notoriety
Do you sound Australian, by chance?
it could be worse.... you could of been to Sunderland

:teehee:
true, sunlun is a proper shithole (boro is even worse though)
Original post by the bear
it could be worse.... you could of been to Sunderland

:teehee:
To be honest it's not my accent I hate it's more the fact that the Irish language is different to the English so I need to reword everything I say or repeat everything so people know what I'm saying
Reply 7
Original post by depressedteen121
To be honest it's not my accent I hate it's more the fact that the Irish language is different to the English so I need to reword everything I say or repeat everything so people know what I'm saying

How do you mean? My best mate is from Donegal and he's not bothered rewording anything for years :laugh:
Reply 8
You can often tell when an English person has stayed in Scotland for a while , the main accent is still English but theres 10 percent scottisness
Reply 9
Original post by scott125
You can often tell when an English person has stayed in Scotland for a while , the main accent is still English but theres 10 percent scottisness

Ayew my cousin had lived there just over a year and you'd never have known he was from Liverpool. The ******.
Original post by gjd800
How do you mean? My best mate is from Donegal and he's not bothered rewording anything for years :laugh:

In school it's more difficult tho tbh
Reply 11
Original post by depressedteen121
In school it's more difficult tho tbh

Ach, I see what you mean now!
My uncle is a geordie but moved to Australia in his 20s. He sounds mostly Australian but every now and then he goes a bit geordie and it does sound pretty funny.
Defo Northern Ireland, had a job interview in Belfast and I honestly couldn’t understand 75% of what people were saying.
Aye, it does sound as if it's funny when his true Geordie comes out to play :smile:
Original post by dsmith23
My uncle is a geordie but moved to Australia in his 20s. He sounds mostly Australian but every now and then he goes a bit geordie and it does sound pretty funny.

Quick Reply

Latest