-maths
-psychology
-economics

and this is my second choice of A-Levels
-chemistry
-physics
-psychology
-economics

I'm scared about choosing maths because I'm not sure if whether i'll meet the grade boundaries for it.

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
which do you enjoy more?!
You need to take maths for physics and chemistry I think?
Physics and chemistry without maths sounds like a recipe for disaster. If you're genuinely worried about not being allowed to take maths A-level, you will almost certainly find chemistry a struggle. Plenty of people find it a struggle even with grade 7-9 in maths.
Reply 5
i dont struggle with maths a lot.., but i get really bad stress and anxiety for my maths exams which causes me to make mistakes and forget things, and seeing how i have reacted with these exams i'm sure i will pass but wont get the grade i need in order to do the subjects.
Original post by Dysf(x)al
Physics and chemistry without maths sounds like a recipe for disaster. If you're genuinely worried about not being allowed to take maths A-level, you will almost certainly find chemistry a struggle. Plenty of people find it a struggle even with grade 7-9 in maths.
Reply 6
it's not a requirement but is appreciated by universities
Original post by forgotten_one
You need to take maths for physics and chemistry I think?
1) Which subject are you interested in doing at University?
2) Read this : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/a-guide-to-choosing-your-sixth-form-subjects
What do you plan on doing?
erh....drop psychology lol
A level physics is harder than maths
Original post by lauraedwards04
A level physics is harder than maths

Yes literally don't do physics unless u want to do something physics related at uni and if you do then you take maths as well. You can take maths in place of economics or psychology and then drop it if you don't like it as you do 4 anyway
Original post by irmxnte
i dont struggle with maths a lot.., but i get really bad stress and anxiety for my maths exams which causes me to make mistakes and forget things, and seeing how i have reacted with these exams i'm sure i will pass but wont get the grade i need in order to do the subjects.

That's unfortunate - have you looked into special consideration for those exams?

However, you do need to think about whether the same will happen in a chemistry exam. A-level chemistry is very different from GCSE - there is much more maths involved, as well as a lot of content.
Reply 13
I havent really but if i do get to do maths A-Level i will for sure ask if there is anything they can do to help with that.
On the other hand, I feel like i will be able to handle chemistry - i talked to my teachers about taking it and they agreed that i should do it. Its also a subject that wont mainly be based on maths as theres written work too which will help me to not to stress too much about it.
Original post by Dysf(x)al
That's unfortunate - have you looked into special consideration for those exams?

However, you do need to think about whether the same will happen in a chemistry exam. A-level chemistry is very different from GCSE - there is much more maths involved, as well as a lot of content.
Reply 14
I've been recommended to do physics with chemistry as I want to do something science related in uni, and my teacher also suggested that i should take physics as I enjoy it and get pretty good grades too.
The thing is if i do take up maths, physics and chemistry, i dont know which subject between economics and psychology i should do.
Original post by Afterlife?
Yes literally don't do physics unless u want to do something physics related at uni and if you do then you take maths as well. You can take maths in place of economics or psychology and then drop it if you don't like it as you do 4 anyway
Reply 15
definitely something science related in university
Original post by rforlife3451
What do you plan on doing?
Reply 16
i like them both equally
Original post by agk112
which do you enjoy more?!
Reply 17
I want to do something science related in uni
Original post by returnmigrant
1) Which subject are you interested in doing at University?
2) Read this : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/a-guide-to-choosing-your-sixth-form-subjects
Reply 18
Original post by irmxnte
I've been recommended to do physics with chemistry as I want to do something science related in uni, and my teacher also suggested that i should take physics as I enjoy it and get pretty good grades too.
The thing is if i do take up maths, physics and chemistry, i dont know which subject between economics and psychology i should do.

Are you planning on dropping economics/psychology after year 12?
Reply 19
i was thinking of dropping maths
Original post by Sinnoh
Are you planning on dropping economics/psychology after year 12?

Quick Reply

Latest