The Student Room Group

I don’t know if I’m pregnant

About 3 weeks ago, I was pressured to have sex with my boyfriend. We tried having sex but it didn’t fully go inside me (we used a condom),
I’m scared because I’m 2 weeks late for my period. I have irregular period and I don’t have any other symptoms of pregnancy other than late period. I have also not done a pregnancy test because I haven’t even told my mum about this, I’m so scared. I don’t want to be pregnant, I’m only 16.

Scroll to see replies

ur pregnant
Original post by Anonymous
About 3 weeks ago, I was pressured to have sex with my boyfriend. We tried having sex but it didn’t fully go inside me (we used a condom),
I’m scared because I’m 2 weeks late for my period. I have irregular period and I don’t have any other symptoms of pregnancy other than late period. I have also not done a pregnancy test because I haven’t even told my mum about this, I’m so scared. I don’t want to be pregnant, I’m only 16.

If you are, you should keep the child. Raise the child and give him lots of love. All the best.
you don't need to tell your mum if you want to buy a pregnancy test, just go do it. also, its really unlikely that you're pregnant, and if your periods are irregular anyway, this could just be from the stress of it! I had a friend that had this exact same thing happen when we were 16, nothing came of it, I gave her boyfriend at the time a huge telling off, we laugh about it now :smile:
Before you get too worried, the best thing to do is to get a test and find out for sure. Honestly, you say you generally have an irregular cycle and you were using protection so chances are you're in the clear. but if not, there is loads of support available no matter what you choose.
Once that initial situation is addressed, you really ought to reevaluate whether you want to be in this relationship. Being pressured into sex IS rape.
Original post by sachinihimara
Before you get too worried, the best thing to do is to get a test and find out for sure. Honestly, you say you generally have an irregular cycle and you were using protection so chances are you're in the clear. but if not, there is loads of support available no matter what you choose.
Once that initial situation is addressed, you really ought to reevaluate whether you want to be in this relationship. Being pressured into sex IS rape.

I agree with everything said above.
Be brave !!
Are't you great. Ignore the girls actual question just to push your beliefs on her. Stop scaring her and let her evaluate whats best for her in the unlikely case that she is actually pregnant. Take a test babe.
Original post by Wired_1800
If you are, you should keep the child. Raise the child and give him lots of love. All the best.
Are't you great. Ignore the girls actual question just to push your beliefs on her. Stop scaring her and let her evaluate whats best for her in the unlikely case that she is actually pregnant. Take a test babe.

I am actually supporting her by giving advice. If she finds out that she is pregnant, many thoughts will flood her mind. So she would need good advice esp when the default advice is to kill the foetus. Obv she will make her choice.

I hope she is not pregnant, as having a child at such an age will be difficult
(edited 4 years ago)
You used contraception so it's unlikely. It's most likely late due to your irregularity and added stress of worrying about pregnancy. You can take a test for peace of mind but you're most likely not pregnant.
I think u are pregnant go to doctors if u don't want ur mum to know tell one of ur siblings/cousins u trust do u also feel like vomiting headache when u wake up in the morning cuz if u do than that mean u are pregnant and its been long time u havent had ur period get a pregnancy test (I dunno what it called) but u can get it from boots £5.99 xxx
Original post by amorsophy
you don't need to tell your mum if you want to buy a pregnancy test, just go do it. also, its really unlikely that you're pregnant, and if your periods are irregular anyway, this could just be from the stress of it! I had a friend that had this exact same thing happen when we were 16, nothing came of it, I gave her boyfriend at the time a huge telling off, we laugh about it now :smile:

I mean for all you and her know she could have become pregnant and then miscarried. Most miscarriages happen before the woman even knows she's pregnant.

Or ship it off to the orphanage if you insist on bringing more unwanted kids into the world.
I am actually supporting her by giving advice. If she finds out that she is pregnant, many thoughts will flood her mind. So she would need good advice esp when the default advice is to kill the foetus. Obv she will make her choice.

I hope she is not pregnant, as having a child at such an age will be difficult

lmao, say that when you adopt even 1 FFING kid, then we shall talk
Or ship it off to the orphanage if you insist on bringing more unwanted kids into the world.

No, raise the child and give them a good and loving home.
No, raise the child and give them a good and loving home.

Hard to love a child you don't actually want. Sure you can give it all the basics like you would a dog that's been dumped on you, but if you don't want it you won't love it. Better getting rid of it in the hope somebody else will actually want it.
Hard to love a child you don't actually want. Sure you can give it all the basics like you would a dog that's been dumped on you, but if you don't want it you won't love it. Better getting rid of it in the hope somebody else will actually want it.

That is your opinion.
Do u think I am pregnant ???
Do u think I’m pregnant tho , thank u sm💗
Why do u think I’m pregnant tho, is it cos of my late period. Thank u sm for answering
Original post by Amnz_02
I think u are pregnant go to doctors if u don't want ur mum to know tell one of ur siblings/cousins u trust do u also feel like vomiting headache when u wake up in the morning cuz if u do than that mean u are pregnant and its been long time u havent had ur period get a pregnancy test (I dunno what it called) but u can get it from boots £5.99 xxx
Original post by sinfonietta
You used contraception so it's unlikely. It's most likely late due to your irregularity and added stress of worrying about pregnancy. You can take a test for peace of mind but you're most likely not pregnant.

Right, but I couldn’t exactly be pregnant Cos we didn’t have complete sex it’s not TMI I know I’m so sorry but I’m actually so desperate. When do you see pregnancy symptoms? Do u think I’m pregnant cos some people are saying I am

Quick Reply

Latest