The Student Room Group

I don’t know if I am pregnant

About 3 weeks ago, I was pressured to have sex with my boyfriend. We tried having sex but it didn’t fully go inside me (we used a condom), I’m scared because I’m 2 weeks late for my period. I have irregular period and I don’t have any other symptoms of pregnancy other than late period. I have also not done a pregnancy test because I haven’t even told my mum about this, I’m so scared. I don’t want to be pregnant, I’m only 16. My friends think that i'm not because i have been exercising a lot and eating less, this question has literally been stressing me out so much!!!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can visit a sexual health clinic without your mum knowing and have a pregnancy test done
It doesn't sound very likely since he wore a condom but you can buy a home pregnancy testing kit from any chemist (or get it done for free at a sexual health clinic/doctors but you would probably need to tell the receptionist at your doctors that it's an emergency to get a quick appointment.

Sorry to hear that your bf pressurised you to have sex, he shouldn't have done that
Peak
I had a similar situation with my girlfriend and therefore can understand your concern. However, if you believe you used the condom correctly and are used to having irregular periods you are unlikely to be pregnant in my opinion. If you really want to be sure then you can buy pregnancy tests from most chemists and supermarkets with no questions asked. I don't say this to be harsh but if you are having sex then going to buy a test shouldn't be too hard. I notice you say you were pressured into having sex... was this by peers or your boyfriend? If the latter then you need to ditch him. This is not only rape but he cannot truly love you if he can't even respect your decision to not have sex.
Seems unlikely.
You don't have other symptoms, have a history of irregular periods and used a condom.
I think you have to wait at least 18 days before most tests will give an accurate result, otherwise there's a risk of a false positive.
You can check out Brook and see if they offer pregnancy testing in your local area - https://www.brook.org.uk
Do you think that i am pregnant?? I'm so stressed out, yeah we broke up and everything thank you for replying. I'm so anxious and i dont have the guts to buy a pregnancy test I'm scared that it may become positive.
Original post by JohnSmith1298
I had a similar situation with my girlfriend and therefore can understand your concern. However, if you believe you used the condom correctly and are used to having irregular periods you are unlikely to be pregnant in my opinion. If you really want to be sure then you can buy pregnancy tests from most chemists and supermarkets with no questions asked. I don't say this to be harsh but if you are having sex then going to buy a test shouldn't be too hard. I notice you say you were pressured into having sex... was this by peers or your boyfriend? If the latter then you need to ditch him. This is not only rape but he cannot truly love you if he can't even respect your decision to not have sex.
Reply 7
You can order pregnancy tests online from amazon for example, if you can get mail delivered and aren’t worried about anyone opening it. Also, going to a doctor or a clinic may be a better option. I wouldn’t dare go buy a test in person either.
Do you think that i am pregnant tho? I mean he didn't ejaculate in me and it didn't fully go inside me. i have been eating less and over exercising myself, this question has literally been consuming me. thank you so much for replying!
Original post by Emslim
You can order pregnancy tests online from amazon for example, if you can get mail delivered and aren’t worried about anyone opening it. Also, going to a doctor or a clinic may be a better option. I wouldn’t dare go buy a test in person either.
Reply 9
I don’t think you are. Literally if he wore a condom and he didn’t *** in you then chances are very small. There’s so many factors leading to a pregnancy. Best option is to test because if you test now it’s still early and if you decide you want a abortion then it’s best if it’s early. If you leave it and turns out you are pregnant then the longer you wait the less easier it is. There are tonnes of factors that could cause a late period, so try not to worry too much.
when can you get an abortion and when do you start seeing all the pregnancy symptons? Thank you so much for helping me :smile: <3 !!
Original post by Emslim
I don’t think you are. Literally if he wore a condom and he didn’t *** in you then chances are very small. There’s so many factors leading to a pregnancy. Best option is to test because if you test now it’s still early and if you decide you want a abortion then it’s best if it’s early. If you leave it and turns out you are pregnant then the longer you wait the less easier it is. There are tonnes of factors that could cause a late period, so try not to worry too much.
Original post by Destinyyyyyyyyy
Do you think that i am pregnant tho? I mean he didn't ejaculate in me and it didn't fully go inside me. i have been eating less and over exercising myself, this question has literally been consuming me. thank you so much for replying!

The only way to know for sure would be to do a pregnancy test. They cost £1 in Poundland. You do not need to be with an adult to buy one.
im so scared to find out and also my mum would probably find it, im scared that it may become positive and also cos its £1 it may not be reliable do you get me? thank you so much for replying !!
Original post by black tea
The only way to know for sure would be to do a pregnancy test. They cost £1 in Poundland. You do not need to be with an adult to buy one.
im so scared to find out and also my mum would probably find it, im scared that it may become positive and also cos its £1 it may not be reliable do you get me? thank you so much for replying !!

They are the same tests the GP uses and they are perfectly reliable. You can do it in a public toilet, takes like 2 minutes. It would put your mind at ease doing - otherwise you will keep worrying about it unnecessarily.
Reply 14
I don’t know for sure if there is a minimum but you can get one at any time up till 24 weeks. Depending on the clinic they may ask for you to be 4 / 6weeks minimum. Also symptoms depend on the person some people start straight away but I think for most it’s 3/4 weeks. But it all depends on the person. People can have symptoms but they are for a different reason. Only way to know is a test honestly I convinced myself I was pregnant and thought I had symptoms but I wasn’t!
if u don't want ur mum to know tell one of siblings/cousin u trust have go to doctors aswell btw uno when u wake up in morning do u feel like vomiting, headache just feel weak
Why would you have thing when your too young? You are really stupid if my boyfriend did that i would break up with him. And i am younger than you mate...
Enough already! Go to Boots buy prgnancy test kit. Walk to nearest toilet eg marks and spencer. Then pee on stick. We CANNOT tell you if you are pregnant no matter how many times you ask.
Original post by Emslim

no the only sympton i have is late period, its been like 3 weeks
Original post by Amnz_02
if u don't want ur mum to know tell one of siblings/cousin u trust have go to doctors aswell btw uno when u wake up in morning do u feel like vomiting, headache just feel weak
i know im stoopid

Original post by kkavinaa
Why would you have thing when your too young? You are really stupid if my boyfriend did that i would break up with him. And i am younger than you mate...

Quick Reply

Latest