The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths 2019 Grade Boundaries

What does everyone think they'll roughly be. I know its impossible to predict, but based on last years cohort being mainly FM students and this years papers being harder (imo), I think an A* could fall slightly or stay the same, as we have had more time to prepare than last year.

I think roughly:

A* - 220ish, 235 max
A - 172ish, 185max
B- 150ish

I don't have any data to go on apart from last years grade boundaries and how hard I found these papers, so let me know what you think.
Reply 1
no i think it will be about 210-215 for an A
Original post by Aadz7
What does everyone think they'll roughly be. I know its impossible to predict, but based on last years cohort being mainly FM students and this years papers being harder (imo), I think an A* could fall slightly or stay the same, as we have had more time to prepare than last year.

I think roughly:

A* - 220ish, 235 max
A - 172ish, 185max
B- 150ish

I don't have any data to go on apart from last years grade boundaries and how hard I found these papers, so let me know what you think.

That's very low for an A and A*, it will be at the higher end most likely
Reply 3
I think I got roughly 245/250ish, enough for an A*? Really flopped paper 1 lol think I got 72 then 85 then like 93 (rough guesses)
Original post by Anonymouspsych
That's very low for an A and A*, it will be at the higher end most likely
Reply 4
Last year it was 181, doubt it'll go up by a full 30 marks
Original post by Hayiqat
no i think it will be about 210-215 for an A
Reply 5
But you need to remember that on the old spec it was about 80% for an A, so 70% for this year really isn't that high
Original post by Aadz7
Last year it was 181, doubt it'll go up by a full 30 marks
Reply 6
Yeah but old spec had years of papers etc to practice with, we had a few spec papers. Plus I think our years exam was harder than last years (mainly just paper 1)
Original post by Hayiqat
But you need to remember that on the old spec it was about 80% for an A, so 70% for this year really isn't that high
Reply 7
But our paper 3 was a lot easier so it balances the harder paper 1 and also, we had 4 sets of papers for practice which isn't bad tbh
Original post by Aadz7
Yeah but old spec had years of papers etc to practice with, we had a few spec papers. Plus I think our years exam was harder than last years (mainly just paper 1)
Reply 8
Spec papers aren't really true style exam papers tho i think, and last year it was 181 with a further maths cohort so doubt itll go up that much
Original post by Hayiqat
But our paper 3 was a lot easier so it balances the harder paper 1 and also, we had 4 sets of papers for practice which isn't bad tbh
Original post by Aadz7
I think I got roughly 245/250ish, enough for an A*? Really flopped paper 1 lol think I got 72 then 85 then like 93 (rough guesses)

yea that should be enough for an A*
i really hope you're right :frown:
Original post by Aadz7
Spec papers aren't really true style exam papers tho i think, and last year it was 181 with a further maths cohort so doubt itll go up that much
Reply 11
same :/
Original post by Hayiqat
i really hope you're right :frown:
Reply 12
lets hope
Original post by Anonymouspsych
yea that should be enough for an A*

Quick Reply

Latest