The Student Room Group

2/3 of Tory party members believe certain areas of the UK operate under Sharia Law

We’re through the looking glass here people... we now have quantifiable evidence that a bunch of Brain dead chimps are somehow about to force a new PM on the country..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-islamophobia-sharia-law-poll-conservative-party-members-leadership-a8971731.html
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

In some Islamic majority areas in Britain you will encounter hostility from Muslims if you go in as a white though..,
Reply 2
Like?
Reply 3
Retards, couldn't care less about their retarded opinions. Britain is clearly not operating under Sharia law
Spat at, hissed at, other lovely things
Original post by Napp
Like?
Reply 5
I mean meant geographic location.
Reply 6
With the Indy as a source it would take a very close look at the methodology to take any 'research' seriously but... Napp, you really are bending these titles even better than Becks. :biggrin:
Around some areas of Blackburn, Lancashire. I can’t speak for other majority areas but this is my experience when I decided to go for a walk around this Muslim majority area near where my gran lived. I rather wish I hadn’t bothered
Original post by Napp
I mean meant geographic location.
loooool i dont know where youve been going my g
Spat at? Come on man no one will do that. Hissed at? You’re just speaking bullocks mate
Not a place I wish to return to lol
Original post by wxgmak
loooool i dont know where youve been going my g
Reply 11
Original post by z-hog
With the Indy as a source it would take a very close look at the methodology to take any 'research' seriously but... Napp, you really are bending these titles even better than Becks. :biggrin:

How so? It’s literally the title of the article?
Are you insinuating that I’m lying? I don’t care if you don’t believe me; it happened.
Original post by Mustafa0605
Spat at? Come on man no one will do that. Hissed at? You’re just speaking bullocks mate
Reply 13
Original post by Napp
How so? It’s literally the title of the article?

Well, not the one in the link you provided. Allegedly, some Tories believe there are parts of the UK where Sharia law is resorted to. That's not the same as 'we live under Sharia law', is it? What's the time over there?
Reply 14
Original post by z-hog
Well, not the one in the link you provided. Allegedly, some Tories believe there are parts of the UK where Sharia law is resorted to. That's not the same as 'we live under Sharia law', is it? What's the time over there?

I can assure you it is..
C7B6CB4B-800D-45B4-ABF2-97CAC4A32FC1.jpg.jpeg
Ermmm near 11am :smile:
Reply 15
This is because of the abuse many suffered in the 70s and 80s, they isolated themselves in their own communities and grew in their own environment, with a hatered for ‘white people’ because of how they were treated. Many Muslims come here looking forward to integrate but then struggle to fit in with culture due to rejection and differences.
Surely a good way to integrate would be to not govern your own community under Sharia Law and instead use British Law? Also to make some sort of effort to learn English (for the 22% of Muslims who cannot speak English)

I appreciate though that particularly in the case of the latter it might not entirely be their own fault; thankfully the younger generation of Muslims seem to be less religious and more liberal
Original post by 3121
This is because of the abuse many suffered in the 70s and 80s, they isolated themselves in their own communities and grew in their own environment, with a hatered for ‘white people’ because of how they were treated. Many Muslims come here looking forward to integrate but then struggle to fit in with culture due to rejection and differences.
Reply 17
Original post by Napp
I can assure you it is..
C7B6CB4B-800D-45B4-ABF2-97CAC4A32FC1.jpg.jpeg
Ermmm near 11am :smile:

That's the title I meant, we have an antipodean take on it. By the way, there isn't much in terms of substance in that poll, it's a commissioned job with the intention of taking some of the heat off Labour and their anti-semitic troubles by portraying the Tories as Islamophobes for balance. A mounting Islamophobia scandal, what a load of manufactured tripe.
Reply 18
Original post by z-hog
That's the title I meant, we have an antipodean take on it. By the way, there isn't much in terms of substance in that poll, it's a commissioned job with the intention of taking some of the heat off Labour and their anti-semitic troubles by portraying the Tories as Islamophobes for balance. A mounting Islamophobia scandal, what a load of manufactured tripe.

It’s hardly ‘manufactured tripe’ the Tories have a problem with being bigots... many of their prominent MPs (javid among them) have called for an enquire into the problem.
Need I remind you several Tory party councillors have been sacked over their comments on the matter as well?
Sharia law is a bit extreme, but there are certainly some areas of the UK with a large Muslim majority which are definitely different to the rest of the country in beliefs and how they enforce them. An example being Sparkhill, Birmingham, this area has a large Muslim majority and has been in the news countless times, firstly with the Trojan Horse scandal where schools were teaching Islamic values where women didn't have a choice, again when a TV programme did a school swap and found most students hated all LGBT and refused to let boys and girls dance together and lastly the 2 months long protest's outside a primary school because of them having books with penguins having two dads (search it up). Sharia law is extreme but oppressive values definitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending