The Student Room Group

Driving test date change didn't go through

Anyone else had this problem? I booked my driving test in april for may and within the week had to change it to june. Used the link in my original confirmation and picked a new date and it all said it waa confirmed so left it at that. Turned up yeaterday and they said i was booked in for may and I didn't show up and I wasn't due to do it yesterday!! Was so annoyed! Full fees fell through now I don't know how to prove that it said it was confirmed?!
Original post by Skorpio19
Anyone else had this problem? I booked my driving test in april for may and within the week had to change it to june. Used the link in my original confirmation and picked a new date and it all said it waa confirmed so left it at that. Turned up yeaterday and they said i was booked in for may and I didn't show up and I wasn't due to do it yesterday!! Was so annoyed! Full fees fell through now I don't know how to prove that it said it was confirmed?!

Did you definitely cancel your original test date? Did you have a confirmation email to prove the change of date?
Reply 2
I didn't because I wasn't cancelling it. I was moving the date. Like I said since it all came up changed online I didn't think anything else of it untill the test date
Original post by cheesecakelove
Did you definitely cancel your original test date? Did you have a confirmation email to prove the change of date?
I didn't because I wasn't cancelling it. I was moving the date. Like I said since it all came up changed online I didn't think anything else of it untill the test date

Do you have a confirmation email to prove you changed the date? I would show this to your driving test centre and see if you can get your money back. It could be an error on their system.
Reply 4
That's what I'm saying I don't. Because it came up online it was changed so I thought that was it
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you have a confirmation email to prove you changed the date? I would show this to your driving test centre and see if you can get your money back. It could be an error on their system.
That's what I'm saying I don't. Because it came up online it was changed so I thought that was it

Sorry mate you're stuffed, you get a confirmation e-mail when you change the date of your driving test, failing that you can always reconfirm your test date/time here (https://www.gov.uk/check-driving-test) and take a printscreen of that with you.

If you don't have any proof of you changing the date, you will find it difficult to get your money back. For something important like this, it is always best to check the change has gone through such as getting a screen shot if you didn't get an email. If you didn't get confirmation after you changed, you should have contacted your local driving test centre to make sure the date had changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending