The Student Room Group

Vatican issues guidance questioning modern 'gender identity'

Scroll to see replies

By going against the uttertly insane modern Gender identity ideas.
Reply 81
Original post by AperfectBalance

I wouldn't trust anything that the Catholic church say about sexuality, gender, abuse or contraception! They have had their say and screwed up so many lives with their hypocrisy and turning a blind eye to the obvious!
Original post by mgi
Remind me- what was this "good thing" that they did?

Recommend a different form of child abuse to the one the church usually goes for. Because that's fine when it's against an already stigmatised and politicised minority /s
Reply 83
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Recommend a different form of child abuse to the one the church usually goes for. Because that's fine when it's against an already stigmatised and politicised minority /s

What are you actually trying to say?
Original post by mgi
What are you actually trying to say?

I'm saying that the churchs guidance, which is to not affirm or support children with trans identities but rather to tell them they're an aberration, is tantamount to child abuse since it means those children growing up in an environment that is actively hostile towards them, which will almost certainly cause psychological damage.
Original post by AperfectBalance

What do you think is insane about it?
Reply 86
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I'm saying that the churchs guidance, which is to not affirm or support children with trans identities but rather to tell them they're an aberration, is tantamount to child abuse since it means those children growing up in an environment that is actively hostile towards them, which will almost certainly cause psychological damage.

Yes. i agree with you.
Original post by mgi
Yes. Widespread failures and cover ups regarding abuse by Christian hypocrites is always to be remembered. "Bread and water penance ,the next serious thing" so that resolves it and compensates the victims does it? Wow! I would have the whole lot of them up ,including the Pope, for public prosecution. They can do excommunication and penance later. Hypocrites!

This is clearly a troll. Show me evidence of the Pope raping children.
@Stiff Little Fingers may I refer you to the case of them identifying as a woman who went into *women's* toilets and said they wanted to help LITTLE GIRLS with their tampons, then went into *women's* spas and asked them to wax their balls? I'm not going to mention their name but here is a Times article which hopefully won't get moderated: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fur-flies-over-brazilian-wax-for-trans-woman-jessica-yaniv-gm7f9mltx

All I'm saying is that it isn't a case of evil ”cis” people ”oppressing” everyone else, and that there are two sides to this coin.
Original post by LiberOfLondon
X

Not exactly sure what you're trying to prove with this post. Yes, some trans people can be creeps, just like some cis people. It's irrelevant over the broader question of affirmative care (which the Vatican is arguing against) and trans people having the right to exist without persecution and discrimination - it's entirely unreasonable to demand that a minority be perfect to be allowed the same rights as the imperfect majority.

There's not two sides of the coin at all. There's systemic discrimination against and hatred towards trans people from a cissexist society, that is in no way balanced by a few individual trans people being awful.
Reply 90
This is clearly a troll. Show me evidence of the Pope raping children.

No its not a troll. Read the post again properly. It does not say that the pope abused anyone. What it does imply is that he should be invited in a public arena to explsin what the Catholic church is doing about Catholic priests who abuse children.
Reply 91
@Stiff Little Fingers may I refer you to the case of the *man* identifying as a woman who went into *women's* toilets and said they wanted to help LITTLE GIRLS with their tampons, then went into *women's* spas and asked them to wax their balls? I'm not going to mention their name but here is a Times article which hopefully won't get moderated: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fur-flies-over-brazilian-wax-for-trans-woman-jessica-yaniv-gm7f9mltx

All I'm saying is that it isn't a case of evil ”cis” people ”oppressing” everyone else, and that there are two sides to this coin.

I find myself in the strange position of agreeing with your point.
There was also that case of the “woman” in a female jail who raped several other inmates.
Original post by Napp
There was also that case of the “woman” in a female jail who raped several other inmates.

Wasn't he a sex offender before ”identifying as a woman”?
Reply 93
Wasn't he a sex offender before ”identifying as a woman”?

Probably, either way there’s a noose does in E1 which should be utilised.
The day I need to take guidance from the Vatican on anything will be a sad day
Reply 95
Western world is laughing stock freak show

In a way it might be better if Europe became an Islamic republic

Unless Muslims all turn secular we already see Muslims being bullied into supporting far-Left ideology

Now we live in a world where a man can just identify as woman because they feel like it, dress in womens clothes and use womens bathrooms or its discirmination.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by BulIish
Western world is laughing stock freak show

In a way it might be better if Europe became an Islamic republic

Unless Muslims all turn secular we already see Muslims being bullied into supporting far-Left ideology

Now we live in a world where a man can just identify as woman because they feel like it, dress in womens clothes and use womens bathrooms or its discirmination.

What rubbish about Muslims are you talking about?

This is a thread on the Vatican.

Also you know that this particular.. occurance... goes both ways. Women becoming ‘men’.
Reply 97
@Stiff Little Fingers may I refer you to the case of them identifying as a woman who went into *women's* toilets and said they wanted to help LITTLE GIRLS with their tampons, then went into *women's* spas and asked them to wax their balls? I'm not going to mention their name but here is a Times article which hopefully won't get moderated: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fur-flies-over-brazilian-wax-for-trans-woman-jessica-yaniv-gm7f9mltx

Original post by Napp

People can be abusive!?!? Shock horror. Men abuse women, women abuse men, men abuse men and women abuse women. This is a problem well beyond your issues with trans people.
Reply 98

As @Stiff Little Fingers said, your point here doesn't seem to be clear if existing at all. One thing is for sure: there is no evidence of systematic child abuse in the trans community unlike the myriad of cases within Catholic institutions.
Original post by Napp
What rubbish about Muslims are you talking about?

This is a thread on the Vatican.

Also you know that this particular.. occurance... goes both ways. Women becoming ‘men’.

Leave the troll to his stupidity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending