The Student Room Group

Should i dump my atheist bf? i did something horrible

We like each other since a long time, we confessed to each other 2 months ago and started dating.

Yesterday, I went over to his house, we were watching a movie. we went too far, we endedn up kissing each other. I stopped him after a while and I left his house.

He sent me a lot of texts and called me but I couldn't reply because I know I did something horrible. I knew its haram to have a bf, I knew it was even more haram to be alone with him.

I prayed salah and made a lot of dua asking forgiveness. I don't think Allah will ever forgive me because I enjoyed the kiss :frown:

Should I dump him and never talk to him again? what is the perfect way to ask for forgiveness? will Allah forgive me? is this considered to be a zina?

I am 15, he is 16.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whether you enjoyed it or not, if you meant it when you repented then you will be forgiven because Allah (SWT) is most forgiving.
The perfect way to ask, is to ask meaningfully. :h:
I would leave him, because no.1 the kiss was unlawful and no.2 it will most definitely go further than that- even if you don't expect it too and no. 3 the relationship is unlawful

Inshallah, I trust you will make the right decisions.:biggrin:
It's your good (Islamic) nature that caused you to leave, repent and ask about the situation.

You can always slide in to my PMs if you want to ask anything :h:

Original post by Anonymous
We like each other since a long time, we confessed to each other 2 months ago and started dating.

Yesterday, I went over to his house, we were watching a movie. we went too far, we endedn up kissing each other. I stopped him after a while and I left his house.

He sent me a lot of texts and called me but I couldn't reply because I know I did something horrible. I knew its haram to have a bf, I knew it was even more haram to be alone with him.

I prayed salah and made a lot of dua asking forgiveness. I don't think Allah will ever forgive me because I enjoyed the kiss :frown:

Should I dump him and never talk to him again? what is the perfect way to ask for forgiveness? will Allah forgive me? is this considered to be a zina?

I am 15, he is 16.
(edited 4 years ago)
So you are gonna hurt him to ask for forgiveness? What a selfish thing to do. I don’t know what is going through your mind but imagine getting ignored by the guy you love and never speaking to him again. That’s how he will feel. Talk to him, and he’ll understand. No need to treat him like he’s something foreign.
Obligatatory "Not a Muslim" but, honestly, do you want to risk throwing the person you clearly have emotions for?

If Allah is forgiving then I don't think that a kiss is enough to judge a person on their character, we are all human and give in to urges. It's what makes us human.

I am 15, he is 16.
No please don’t thanks
You need to atleast speak to him and explain your reasoning. No sexual activity before marriage due to religion. Imagine if you was the guy. You’ve got strong feelings for a girl, she does too. You kiss but, yet she leaves and you never hear from her again? Does that sound fair to you? You need to talk to him! Ghosting is an awful experience, believe me.

I am 15, he is 16.
Reply 6
Original post by OG_ElGato
Obligatatory "Not a Muslim" but, honestly, do you want to risk throwing the person you clearly have emotions for?

If Allah is forgiving then I don't think that a kiss is enough to judge a person on their character, we are all human and give in to urges. It's what makes us human.

I don't want to leave him but I have to. If I don't leave him, I will just sin more and I really don't want to sin. :frown: I don't want to lose Allah too.
Reply 7
Original post by Professional G
So you are gonna hurt him to ask for forgiveness? What a selfish thing to do. I don’t know what is going through your mind but imagine getting ignored by the guy you love and never speaking to him again. That’s how he will feel. Talk to him, and he’ll understand. No need to treat him like he’s something foreign.

I don't want to hurt him of course, I just don't want to sin anymore.
Reply 8
Original post by -Quava-
Whether you enjoyed it or not, if you meant it when you repented then you will be forgiven because Allah (SWT) is most forgiving.
The perfect way to ask, is to ask meaningfully. :h:
I would leave him, because no.1 the kiss was unlawful and no.2 it will most definitely go further than that- even if you don't expect it too and no. 3 the relationship is unlawful

Inshallah, I trust you will make the right decisions.:biggrin:
It's your good (Islamic) nature that caused you to leave, repent and ask about the situation.

You can always slide in to my PMs if you want to ask anything :h:

But, What if I still want to be with him but forcing myself to leave him? will Allah forgive me even when he knows I still really want to be with my bf?
Reply 9
Ok, I will talk to him and tell him why I acted that way but I think that will just hurt him more :frown:
Original post by Professional G

Original post by DazzaHatty
You need to atleast speak to him and explain your reasoning. No sexual activity before marriage due to religion. Imagine if you was the guy. You’ve got strong feelings for a girl, she does too. You kiss but, yet she leaves and you never hear from her again? Does that sound fair to you? You need to talk to him! Ghosting is an awful experience, believe me.
It's like saying will Allah excuse me for gambling. I enjoy gambling so it should be okay.
It's not like that.

If you know what you're doing is wrong and still do it, knowingly, then those actions can't be excused.

You're young. Realistically, it might not seem like it now, but you're not going to be together forever but Allah is going to remain with us in this life and the next.

But, What if I still want to be with him but forcing myself to leave him? will Allah forgive me even when he knows I still really want to be with my bf?

You need to find a good balance between those two

Ok, I will talk to him and tell him why I acted that way but I think that will just hurt him more :frown:

It’s better if you’re talking to him rather than you just blocking him from your life. At least, he’ll understand your decision.
You have to note that coming to this forum for Islamic advice is not helpful.
Non-muslims will give you their advice when in fact you're looking for Islamic advice.
Anyway, make the right decision.
I wish you well. :h:
I don't want to leave him but I have to. If I don't leave him, I will just sin more and I really don't want to sin. :frown: I don't want to lose Allah too.

An interesting trend in the threads these days :colonhash:
Original post by -Quava-
You have to note that coming to this forum for Islamic advice is not helpful.
Non-muslims will give you their advice when in fact you're looking for Islamic advice.
Anyway, make the right decision.
I wish you well. :h:

Just because people aren't part of a religion doesn't mean those people do not have life experiences or knowledge that others may lack.

Closing people off from other cultures is what leads to radical ideas and I strongly recommend you reconsider this viewpoint.
am i the only who think this is troll? :biggrin:

A 15 year old horny girl is going to stop midway because "Allah is watching"?? Plzzzz
(edited 4 years ago)
She asked about zina, and sinning and Islam so I asked her to note that she won't get Islamic advice on this forum.
Don't take things out of proportion.

You might have life experiences ofc, but the Islamic knowledge she's requesting is what you don't have.
There is nothing wrong with that- I'm asking her to take note of it when she's getting responses.
Original post by OG_ElGato
Just because people aren't part of a religion doesn't mean those people do not have life experiences or knowledge that others may lack.

Closing people off from other cultures is what leads to radical ideas and I strongly recommend you reconsider this viewpoint.
(edited 4 years ago)
I would've done the same.
Original post by TaintedLight
am i the only who think this is troll? :biggrin:

A 15 year old horny girl is going to stop midway because "Allah is watching"?? Are teenagers downgraded or something in this decade
Original post by -Quava-
I would've done the same.

keyword

if you are really that type of person then you wouldn't be with a guy alone watching a movie at his house
I don't think Allah will ever forgive me because I enjoyed the kiss :frown:

Logically, why is kissing not good?

Should I dump him and never talk to him again?

Yes, dump Alllah. There is evidence that your boyfriend exists. There is none for a god, let alone one that hates love.

what is the perfect way to ask for forgiveness?

Any, from your boyfriend.

will Allah forgive me?

If they exist (they don't), their own book paints them as a petulant child, so who knows?!

Please, live in reality, not the an old book.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending