The Student Room Group

I cheated in the exam...kinda

So basically, I printed off a physics specimen paper this morning, for the mock that I had this afternoon. But the ACTUAL exam was the same spec paper... so I had memorized all the answers. Should I let a teacher know or am I overreacting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Obolinda
So basically, I printed off a physics specimen paper this morning, for the mock that I had this afternoon. But the ACTUAL exam was the same spec paper... so I had memorized all the answers. Should I let a teacher know or am I overreacting?

Overreacting, as long as you never had the intention to cheat then it's all good.
your grade just won't be at all representative of your physics ability. I think you should calmly approach your teacher and tell them the situation. You have barely cheated as it were...
Overreacting, this happened to me with my French mocks, achieved nearly full UMS, and I didn't tell my teacher LOL.
You can just say I did this paper as practice. It’s not cheating however.
Doesn’t matter that much, but if you get a grade 9 don’t expect to get that grade in the actual thing as what you get will not be representative of your actual capability
Lol, thx
Original post by TS33
Overreacting, as long as you never had the intention to cheat then it's all good.
It's not that deep tbh 🤷🏾*♀️ just keep it to yourself...
Doesn't mean anything dont feel guilty about it. My final year ten mocks and first year eleven mocks were papers that could have been easily found online (i dont know how no one else realized this when they were revising). Eventually you will come across papers that only teachers have access to and as long as you keep working hard the results will be an accurate reflection (:
Lol, yh, I figured. Although the questions did cover content I was familiar with.
Original post by jduxie4414
Doesn’t matter that much, but if you get a grade 9 don’t expect to get that grade in the actual thing as what you get will not be representative of your actual capability
Lol, yh, I figured. Although the questions did cover content I was familiar with.

Oh yeah, physics is pretty decent if you are good with maths and the equations can be used to explain most bits
dont tell the teacher until they finish marking it and hand it back for corrections (u do this right?) if the teacher realises its probably higher then u can tell them, but i bet the teacher will clock already that some people already saw the papers lol
all it is is that its not an accurate representation of ur physics grade but it doesnt matter because theres still so many papers u probably havent seen yet that u may do next mocks
I'm not sure if we're gonna get our papers back as we're having a mock results day. Although, I can't imagine my teacher being massively surprised by the result, I usually get 8-9's in end of term tests.:colondollar:
Original post by lilTrain
dont tell the teacher until they finish marking it and hand it back for corrections (u do this right?) if the teacher realises its probably higher then u can tell them, but i bet the teacher will clock already that some people already saw the papers lol
all it is is that its not an accurate representation of ur physics grade but it doesnt matter because theres still so many papers u probably havent seen yet that u may do next mocks
actually i would say nothing because our media teacher gave us this past paper to look and revise from for our mock, and it was the same one as in the exam, so its fine

So you didn't cheat, this was a mock exam & you did revision for it.

I wouldn't bother doing anything, just be aware your mark will be inflated, and to bear this in mind when you revise next year for the real thing.
I'm not sure if we're gonna get our papers back as we're having a mock results day. Although, I can't imagine my teacher being massively surprised by the result, I usually get 8-9's in end of term tests.:colondollar:

subtle flex...
:lol: and I was really trying to avoid it looking like that!:tongue:
Original post by mnot
subtle flex...

Tsk tsk tsk. Never thought you'd be a cheater.😔
I'm sorry! :cry: :lol:
Original post by I'mPooPoo
Tsk tsk tsk. Never thought you'd be a cheater.😔
I'm sorry! :cry: :lol:

It's okay. It's only cheating if you get caught. 😉

Quick Reply