The Student Room Group

Can I leave my apprenticeship, because it is so dreadful and time consuming?

I just think that my apprenticeship is just becoming inconstant towards my performance now. Mornings are quiet and thought that I was going to dominate the day. I have been working over a year now and so far nothing has changed and my thoughts have remained the same.

However, in the afternoons It crumbles down to being so bad. Don't get me wrong I love to talk and I love the atmosphere that my apprenticeship, but I caused 4 people to ignore me because of my previous issues with each of them with the two that were responsible for my madness, and the other two that I yelled and voice my unhappiness.

It's a long story maybe you could break into short questions and then I answer them. I just get the feeling that the apprenticeship is just bad and it is like college and we not doing customer service and we not facing the clients more.

Even my mum is saying that quitting an apprenticeship is wrong because she knows that I will get no qualification and that no one would take me because of my attitude towards my previous apprenticeship and the people working there is below my expectations. I'm just so bored and I don't like going to bed on Sunday night dreading that it will be the same thing and then I just felt that if Karma will bite me on my ****

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MohamedAdan
I just think that my apprenticeship is just becoming inconstant towards my performance now. Mornings are quiet and thought that I was going to dominate the day. I have been working over a year now and so far nothing has changed and my thoughts have remained the same.

However, in the afternoons It crumbles down to being so bad. Don't get me wrong I love to talk and I love the atmosphere that my apprenticeship, but I caused 4 people to ignore me because of my previous issues with each of them with the two that were responsible for my madness, and the other two that I yelled and voice my unhappiness.

It's a long story maybe you could break into short questions and then I answer them. I just get the feeling that the apprenticeship is just bad and it is like college and we not doing customer service and we not facing the clients more.

Even my mum is saying that quitting an apprenticeship is wrong because she knows that I will get no qualification and that no one would take me because of my attitude towards my previous apprenticeship and the people working there is below my expectations. I'm just so bored and I don't like going to bed on Sunday night dreading that it will be the same thing and then I just felt that if Karma will bite me on my ****

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like the main thing that is making you want to quit is the issues you've had with these 4 other people - is that right?
Not just that some of other issues such as the fact that I can’t work with clients and that the place isn’t good and so many other issues which I can’t tell you from the top of my head but my workplace and the colleagues has been a shambles and it doesn’t make me happy whatsoever?
Not just that some of other issues such as the fact that I can’t work with clients and that the place isn’t good and so many other issues which I can’t tell you from the top of my head but my workplace and the colleagues has been a shambles and it doesn’t make me happy whatsoever?

How long is left of your apprenticeship? I'd suggest trying to patch it up with the colleagues you're not getting on with, and seeing if you enjoy it more after that - I always enjoy things less when I know there's underlying tension, for instance! You could also talk to your manager if you're not enjoying the work you're being given?

If at that point you still want to quit, then maybe it would be something to discuss and consider :holmes:
Well I talked to my manager already and he said it’s an apprenticeship and since then I already accepted that. Patching up with my colleagues I definitely can work it out since I’m on it, but I reckon that 4 of them have history with me and two of them didn’t know that I was actually serious and the other two I already been through it so. So my ending date is this month and I’m already getting my modules in place and actually going to do two of the exams early July 2019 possibly.

So about quitting erm It still kept in the back of my mind so I would say that until at that point that I decide to give up, I would like to see it through till the end of my EPA.
Well I talked to my manager already and he said it’s an apprenticeship and since then I already accepted that. Patching up with my colleagues I definitely can work it out since I’m on it, but I reckon that 4 of them have history with me and two of them didn’t know that I was actually serious and the other two I already been through it so. So my ending date is this month and I’m already getting my modules in place and actually going to do two of the exams early July 2019 possibly.

So about quitting erm It still kept in the back of my mind so I would say that until at that point that I decide to give up, I would like to see it through till the end of my EPA.

What kind of apprenticeship is this? like what level and industry?

It sounds like you're very close to the end of it then, if I'm understanding correctly? I'd say it's worth sticking it out if you can, as that way you'll have the qualification to show for it, and that will help with finding a role that you prefer in the longer term! :smile:
Original post by TS33
What kind of apprenticeship is this? like what level and industry?

I.T level 3 BTEC, but changed to Digital Marketing Level 3. So basically I was furious with my college to keep changing places and qualification and eventually found out that the college basically screwed me out of my BTEC with an opportunity to get to university this year. So that is why I am in complications with my apprenticeship about where I am exactly going with this.
I.T level 3 BTEC, but changed to Digital Marketing Level 3. So basically I was furious with my college to keep changing places and qualification and eventually found out that the college basically screwed me out of my BTEC with an opportunity to get to university this year. So that is why I am in complications with my apprenticeship about where I am exactly going with this.

What company and college if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by TS33
What company and college if you don't mind me asking?

Techholic as a company and Vista training solutions as a college.
Techholic as a company and Vista training solutions as a college.

Never heard of them, is it a small company?
Original post by TS33
Never heard of them, is it a small company?

Yh and guess what My boss claimed that Techholic is the biggest and best company in the world smh.
Reply 12
Yh and guess what My boss claimed that Techholic is the biggest and best company in the world smh.

Are you seriously this stupid?

Just from this post, we know your full name, where you work and your position.

What if someone decided to prank call your workplace about you? Grow up and edit your post.
Original post by Xarao
Are you seriously this stupid?

Just from this post, we know your full name, where you work and your position.

What if someone decided to prank call your workplace about you? Grow up and edit your post.

Are you calling me stupid because if you are then why are you slating me in here? All I am asking is for your advice and clearly you just having a go at me. If you got no advice or constructive criticism advice to post here then don't even bother to post anything negative at all! I am warning you not threatening you. Otherwise, I could have you reported for abuse and cyber-bullying

So what if you know my full name, I don't care I'm just a regular guy like everyone else regardless of country birth religion and whatever so I hope you not using my name to **** me off racistly, and abuse me verbally.
Reply 14
Are you calling me stupid because if you are then why are you slating me in here? All I am asking is for your advice and clearly you just having a go at me. If you got no advice or constructive criticism advice to post here then don't even bother to post anything negative at all! I am warning you not threatening you. Otherwise, I could have you reported for abuse and cyber-bullying

So what if you know my full name, I don't care I'm just a regular guy like everyone else regardless of country birth religion and whatever so I hope you not using my name to **** me off racistly, and abuse me verbally.

Great attempt at using the race card when no reference was made to it whatsoever!

You're clearly young and naive.

What a piece of ****, hope things work out for m8 :redface:
Original post by Xarao
Great attempt at using the race card when no reference was made to it whatsoever!

You're clearly young and naive.

I never was Naive. Yh I am young but when is the last time I ever lashed out to anyone other than my colleagues. Yh like a long time and recently I haven't really had a go at anyone. Also, you should respect the fact that I was lucky that I got onto this level 3 apprenticeship and oversee what is like to be in an apprenticeship.
Reply 17
I never was Naive. Yh I am young but when is the last time I ever lashed out to anyone other than my colleagues. Yh like a long time and recently I haven't really had a go at anyone. Also, you should respect the fact that I was lucky that I got onto this level 3 apprenticeship and oversee what is like to be in an apprenticeship.

Did Sarah Wilson respect the fact you did an apprenticeship? :rofl:
Original post by TS33
What a piece of ****, hope things work out for m8 :redface:

Yh I hope so. btw, I wouldn't say that to anyone about the previous company that I been to but would use something like PG word like (What a Piece of ****).
Original post by Xarao
Did Sarah Wilson respect the fact you did an apprenticeship? :rofl:

Are you trolling on me right now? Are you really here for a laugh or are you actually want to help me on where I want to go? answer those questions carefully please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending