The Student Room Group

What are grade boundaries going to be like this year?

Hi all,
I’ve had a little peruse through the grade boundaries from last year to see what they were like, and I was wondering what you all think they’re going to be for this year (I did A-Level Spanish, Geography and Maths, so those would be particularly helpful to me), but feel free to give any predictions for any subject to help out others. :smile:
A-Levels not GCSEs didn’t realise that until I read the post. It is not clear in the title. They are usually this:
80% A*
70% A
60% B
50% C
40% D
30% E
Less than 30% U.
They should be similar to that. I can’t really help you that much as this is A-Levels not GCSEs.
Do you have an idea for what the GCSE grade boundaries would be?
Original post by mjhmichael18
A-Levels not GCSEs didn’t realise that until I read the post. It is not clear in the title. They are usually this:
80% A*
70% A
60% B
50% C
40% D
30% E
Less than 30% U.
They should be similar to that. I can’t really help you that much as this is A-Levels not GCSEs.
Original post by study-granger
Do you have an idea for what the GCSE grade boundaries would be?

For what subject and exam board ? Yes, I do but my ideas vary for each subject and exam board and tier if the subject is a Science or a modern foreign language depending on how hard I think the papers were.
Reply 4
This is what it’s like at GCSE, but not at A-Level; it varies by subject at A-Level.
80% A*
70% A
60% B
50% C
40% D
30% E
Less than 30% U.
Original post by ruxley
This is what it’s like at GCSE, but not at A-Level; it varies by subject at A-Level.

With Chemistry it often is and they don’t change much from that. That is the only one I know about though.
How hard do you think the exam papers were?
Less than 40% U
40% E
50% D
60% C
70% B
80% A
90% A*
Reply 8
Well, my three Geography ones weren't too bad. My Spanish speaking and writing papers (component 1 and 3) went pretty well, but I'm worried about component 2, especially since I think I only got about 75% on the English to Spanish translation, which makes up 20% of the paper; but overall, they weren't too bad. For Maths, paper 1 was alright, paper 2 was next to impossible (and many people agree with me), and paper 3 wasn't too hard, it was leaked though which angered me when I heard about it coming out of the exam feeling good. Those are my subjects. For the others, I've heard that most subjects weren't too bad apart from History, Further Maths, French and Business Studies. I don't know in detail about all subjects, so you'll have to ask around.
How hard do you think the exam papers were?

Quick Reply

Latest