The Student Room Group

Civil Service Policy Profession Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations to those who got an offer! Good luck and hope everything goes well :smile:
Thanks! Will you leave the link here once you’ve made it? :smile:

Original post by Emwhiteuon
I’m going to create a policy professions apprenticeship scheme offer holder Facebook group so we can chat about placements etc
I was lucky enough to be made a provisional offer. I didn't think the assessment centre had gone very well for me, so you just never know... Do people know where/what department they have been allocated to yet? :smile:
Reply 44
Hi there,
I've been put on the reserve list too. I only put one choice of location down on application. I'm not sure exactly what it means when you are on the list but it does say that it's for 6 months?
Original post by Harriette110397
Has anyone been put on the reserve list? Not quite sure what this means. Whether I have a shot of getting an opportunity or not.
Reply 45
Hi guys

I'm currently working in the civil service and have been lucky enough to have been given a provisional offer.

I emailed them on Friday with more information about posting locations. I've had a response today that they are in the process of allocating candidates to a department and role. They are aiming to complete this by the end of the week. They have also said we can expect an update early next week which will have your office and role.

I hope this helps anyone who is waiting on an email back from them. Best of luck everyone, I'm hoping I've been offered the location close to me and not somewhere random!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 46
Hi
Have any if you received the second email with instructions for scanning educational certs?
Reply 47
Hi again everyone,

I've been sent my location. Unfortunately it's in London and I'm unable to relocate. I've gone back to them to ask if this could be reviewed depending on responses so I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck everyone
Not yet. Have you?
Original post by AMC32
Hi
Have any if you received the second email with instructions for scanning educational certs?
I think I’m gonna have to decline too as I don’t want to move to London
which department have you all been allocated?
Reply 51
Hi

I was allocated to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in London which it looks like I'm going to have to decline. I'm hoping that there might be a chance of being offered a location closer to me if someone declines, but I doubt this will happen.
I've been assigned to the Treasury. 99% sure I'll take it though it means moving from Manc to London but it's too good an opportunity to miss for me!
CAn you let me know if you decline- worked for this department last summer! Would LOVE to work for them
Original post by hanpea
Hi

I was allocated to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in London which it looks like I'm going to have to decline. I'm hoping that there might be a chance of being offered a location closer to me if someone declines, but I doubt this will happen.
Reply 54
Sure! I'm just waiting for an email back confirming a few things and I'll let you know.
Original post by Emwhiteuon
CAn you let me know if you decline- worked for this department last summer! Would LOVE to work for them
I’m sure someone else is in the same position and wants what you have and vice versa so you never know! Good luck :smile:

Original post by hanpea
Hi

So interesting how there’s been no repetitions in terms of departments assigned. I’ve been assigned to the Home Office.
I have also been assigned to the Home Office in London
Original post by liebemanc
So interesting how there’s been no repetitions in terms of departments assigned. I’ve been assigned to the Home Office.
Cool! How do you feel about your placement? I confess I hadn’t considered the Home Office before but looking forward to it.

Original post by laura-ga
I have also been assigned to the Home Office in London
I wasn't expecting the Home Office but very excited to work there. Do you know if it is a September start? Have you been contacted asking for your qualifications?

Original post by liebemanc
Cool! How do you feel about your placement? I confess I hadn’t considered the Home Office before but looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending