The Student Room Group

Aston University Leniency

I am currently doing a business studies BTEC and on my school tracker, it says I have 210 points and that is only 6 marks away from DDD.

Aston University, which is my firm choice gave me a conditional offer for a DDD. Will I at least have a chance to get in? How lenient are they?

Thanks.
Original post by Asteo1952
I am currently doing a business studies BTEC and on my school tracker, it says I have 210 points and that is only 6 marks away from DDD.

Aston University, which is my firm choice gave me a conditional offer for a DDD. Will I at least have a chance to get in? How lenient are they?

Thanks.

It really depends on what other applicants get, one grade below and they may consider you but no one can say for sure.
Reply 2
Bump.
i dont think anyone can say for definite but most universities accept someone with 1 dropped grade
Reply 4
Do you also possibly know whether they HAVE to give you a foundation year or not if you're 1 grade below?
Original post by swanseajack1
i dont think anyone can say for definite but most universities accept someone with 1 dropped grade
Original post by Asteo1952
Do you also possibly k is they will end up accepting you for your now whether they HAVE to give you a foundation year or not if you're 1 grade below?.

I dont think they have to give you a foundation course. However my suspicion is you will be accepted for the course you applied for. Nearly all universities accept students with a 1 grade drop and I doubt Aston will prove any different
Reply 6
Thanks a lot. I definitely hope that Aston makes a decision in my favour.
Original post by swanseajack1
I dont think they have to give you a foundation course. However my suspicion is you will be accepted for the course you applied for. Nearly all universities accept students with a 1 grade drop and I doubt Aston will prove any different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending