The Student Room Group

One sided love

Does anyone know the best way to get over one sided love? what are some genuine things a person can do to just forget about the person or “lose feelings” if that’s even a thing ?

Scroll to see replies

distance
find someone else
Reply 3
I
Original post by tamil fever
distance

Even if we were close close friends before that?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
find someone else

Swear down mate 😂I’ll try
Dont fight itttt go message them rn
Original post by Masih007
Does anyone know the best way to get over one sided love? what are some genuine things a person can do to just forget about the person or “lose feelings” if that’s even a thing

Well, I am going through the same thing too. What I do is try to do my usual hobbies. I then try to do one kind action. Every Tuesday on my way to work, I stop to buy two coffees and a croissant. One coffee is for me. The other coffee and croissant is for the homeless man I always see at the bus stop. I talk to him until my bus comes and tell him I’ll see him next Tuesday.

Being kind to others makes me feel better because I realise that my love problems are so small compared to other people’s. Plus, I can use the time to help other people rather than waste it on someone who doesn’t care about me.
I did, turns out they're an a**
Original post by Fatcookies
Oh :frown: how are u in love with them if you didnt speak before ?
Original post by Anonymous
I did, turns out they're an a**
Reply 9

Arrh what do you meannn😭😭I already know she don’t want it like that, she sees me as like her best friend, I can’t leave her and I can’t have her.
Reply 10
Original post by PhylaVell
Well, I am going through the same thing too. What I do is try to do my usual hobbies. I then try to do one kind action. Every Tuesday on my way to work, I stop to buy two coffees and a croissant. One coffee is for me. The other coffee and croissant is for the homeless man I always see at the bus stop. I talk to him until my bus comes and tell him I’ll see him next Tuesday.

Being kind to others makes me feel better because I realise that my love problems are so small compared to other people’s. Plus, I can use the time to help other people rather than waste it on someone who doesn’t care about me.

I really hear that, I do similar things, I always try and do social things like that but I realised when I get back home and it’s just me and my mind I go back to thinking about it and it’s just getting tiring
Lemme tell u a story. I was like that too with a close friend ages ago n turns out he knew i loved him and he loved me too. So just go for it honestly. That relationship ended bad n he left but at least i wasnt holding my feelings back, he knew i loved him i neva regretted 1 moment. Soo go for it :angelblush:
Arrh what do you meannn😭😭I already know she don’t want it like that, she sees me as like her best friend, I can’t leave her and I can’t have her.
Reply 12
Lemme tell u a story. I was like that too with a close friend ages ago n turns out he knew i loved him and he loved me too. So just go for it honestly. That relationship ended bad n he left but at least i wasnt holding my feelings back, he knew i loved him i neva regretted 1 moment. Soo go for it :angelblush:

Arr I wish mine was suen like that but I already know about the boys she chats to and she has a potential I think. She don’t see me like that for sure, not right now anyway but we ain’t even on talkin terms because of me recently distancing
Do you go to the same skl? Maybe you can try spend more time w her... honestlyy dont overthink it
Arr I wish mine was suen like that but I already know about the boys she chats to and she has a potential I think. She don’t see me like that for sure, not right now anyway but we ain’t even on talkin terms because of me recently distancing
Well, I mean I did talk to her for a year too, just as friends. But as we became closer, I started to like her more and more. Issue is she went to a better university than I did and moved on to a better course. Now, due to this she acts as if she's better than I am and puts me down and it genuinely comes across in the way she speaks. Funny thing is my friends mentioned it before I even did. I tried telling how I felt but she kept stopping me from doing it. I told her and she completely ignored my feelings. The least she could've done was responded to my honest love for her.

My issue is that I can't forget the old her, the one that I had feelings for, the one I fell for. The girl that would constantly smile and make my heart skip, it hurts that she's changed for the worse and I'm no longer close enough to be able to talk to her like I used to.

It's genuinely painful...
Oh :frown: how are u in love with them if you didnt speak before ?
Reply 15
Do you go to the same skl? Maybe you can try spend more time w her... honestlyy dont overthink it

Na na we don’t you know, I’m retaking a year. Distancing is probably my best bet to keep myself from feeling hurt
u can do that or just try telling her at least.. whats the worst that can happen if you dont talk much anyways. also maybe ask her to meet u somewhere since shes your best friend u will feel comfortable
Na na we don’t you know, I’m retaking a year. Distancing is probably my best bet to keep myself from feeling hurt
Reply 17
u can do that or just try telling her at least.. whats the worst that can happen if you dont talk much anyways. also maybe ask her to meet u somewhere since shes your best friend u will feel comfortable

Worst thing is I think my sister told her but she’s acting as if she doesn’t know because she wants me to say it but I won’t say it now that I know she knows it that makes sense? And the fact that she knows and still hasn’t messaged me to ask about or understand why I’m distancing kinda makes me, idk the word. And she says we’re like best friends but it’s not like that on my side yet 😂she just thought I was a shy person around her but really it was me liking her and not tryna make it obvious
Reply 18
Thank you for that, I mean I’ll try and hopefully it works, sometimes we just make others a priority rather than ourselves and from that point on it just becomes difficult
Cmon g, just tell her bcus i know what heartbreak feels like n its **** so jus go for it
Worst thing is I think my sister told her but she’s acting as if she doesn’t know because she wants me to say it but I won’t say it now that I know she knows it that makes sense? And the fact that she knows and still hasn’t messaged me to ask about or understand why I’m distancing kinda makes me, idk the word. And she says we’re like best friends but it’s not like that on my side yet 😂she just thought I was a shy person around her but really it was me liking her and not tryna make it obvious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending