The Student Room Group

Formal complaints

If I write a formal complaint to the school I’ve just left (just finished a levels there) about how I was treated and they ignore the email what do I do?
What are you hoping to achieve through making a complaint?
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
What are you hoping to achieve through making a complaint?

That they see how disgusting their actions were and that they reconsider the way they treat their students in the future as well as seeing just how much they put me and others around me through x
Reply 3
😂😭 I wish!
Original post by SomMC1
only option is to win a $7,500,000 settlement.
Hope dies last😉
Original post by Kikiakilx
😂😭 I wish!
That they see how disgusting their actions were and that they reconsider the way they treat their students in the future as well as seeing just how much they put me and others around me through x

Have you complained while you were at school? Have parents complained? Every school as a complaints procedure which you need to follow.
If I write a formal complaint to the school I’ve just left (just finished a levels there) about how I was treated and they ignore the email what do I do?

They cant ignore it if you make a formal complaint that follows their procedure.
You will need some evidence though and an idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
If you said nothing whilst you were there, then I cant see what you expect?
Reply 7
Mum has complained numerous times had a go at them and now they just ignore us
Original post by Muttley79
Have you complained while you were at school? Have parents complained? Every school as a complaints procedure which you need to follow.
Reply 8
Thats a good idea to be fair!!! X

Thanks Hun
Original post by SomMC1
Wont it be best to just move on from the sixth form experience and concentrate and look forward for your new uni adventures?

I like writing down what troubles me, usually on a google docs so that no one can access it apart from me, write my heart out, close it and be satisfied that I said everything I wanted to say, then i can 'forget' about that and let it go from my thoughts.
Mum has complained numerous times had a go at them and now they just ignore us

Did she write to the Governors? They have to respond ...
Reply 10
Exactly! But they didn’t.. so is there anything we should/can do?
Did she write to the Governors? They have to respond ...
Reply 11
Thank you so much! These links are really really helpful xx
Reply 12
Same for you!! 💝
Original post by SomMC1
Glad I could inspire a way to lift the load from ya babe,

Message me if you wanna talk, Im always down to helping😊
Reply 13
We said a lot while I was there! They didn’t do anything, so now we’ve formally put it in writing. The headmaster was involved while I was stil there and didn’t do anything, and the sixth form team know exactly how they feel as I, and my mum lashed out a number of times
Original post by 999tigger
They cant ignore it if you make a formal complaint that follows their procedure.
You will need some evidence though and an idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
If you said nothing whilst you were there, then I cant see what you expect?
Exactly! But they didn’t.. so is there anything we should/can do?

Ofsted? Is it an Academy or LA school.
We said a lot while I was there! They didn’t do anything, so now we’ve formally put it in writing. The headmaster was involved while I was stil there and didn’t do anything, and the sixth form team know exactly how they feel as I, and my mum lashed out a number of times

The official complaints procedure has to be followed once you start it. If the headmaster ignores then you remind them of it and the next level up would be the governors, then the DOE or Ofsted.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-school/state-schools

Presumably you have evidence?
Reply 16
It’s a private school
Ofsted? Is it an Academy or LA school.
Reply 17
Oh yes we have evidence!!!
Original post by 999tigger
The official complaints procedure has to be followed once you start it. If the headmaster ignores then you remind them of it and the next level up would be the governors, then the DOE or Ofsted.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-school/state-schools

Presumably you have evidence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending