The Student Room Group

university entry help

hey all, thanks for reading this,

I have a little trouble, i want to go to university this year and i want to do software engineering, the uni wants me to get 80 points to get in. but I know for a fact I'm not gonna get 80 points due to a course screw up, and I'm only going to be getting 72, I was asking if they would still let me in with 72 points instead of 80. please ask questions and please could people who've been through this answer
No one here can give you a definite answer, what you need do is contact the relevant admissions team. A phone call will probably get you a quicker response than an email. You should be able to find the phone number on the university website. Anyway, why do you know for sure you cannot get 80 points?
my school ruined my chance of getting a higher grade in some course work and untold them I need to get higher than a merit to secure a place they never listened and pretty much rushed everything. I know for certain I'm not gonna get the points.
Try not to worry about it until results day, every year lots of universities let people in who slightly miss their grades. There is a good chance the university will let you in anyway. The only thing you can do in the meantime is to call the university and explain the situation to them, making it clear that you would still love to do the course. This could swing things in your favour on results day. However, there are no guarantees, do you think you will meet your insurance offer?
Original post by Silentwarrior28
my school ruined my chance of getting a higher grade in some course work and untold them I need to get higher than a merit to secure a place they never listened and pretty much rushed everything. I know for certain I'm not gonna get the points.
I'll meet me insurance with no issue, but don't want to go to it, because it's too far and I don't like the area veucade of what's been in the news, I'll miss my firm choice by 8 points, do you think it will be a lot, also can you tell me how to speak to them if I miss the grades, like what to say. thanks very much
I don't know that much about UCAS points, because all my offers are just in grades, but I don't think 8 points is very much. When you speak to them try not to blame your school too much, just talk about how much you still want to do the course and like the uni, but are likely going to slightly miss your offer. They probably won't be able to tell you until results day if you are likely to be accepted or not, as they don't know how many other people will also miss their offers.
I'll meet me insurance with no issue, but don't want to go to it, because it's too far and I don't like the area veucade of what's been in the news, I'll miss my firm choice by 8 points, do you think it will be a lot, also can you tell me how to speak to them if I miss the grades, like what to say. thanks very much
8 UCAS points is 1 grade at A level. Most universities will accept you with that but no one will guarantee that until results day. Try not to worry because hopefully it will work out OK. if you dont want to go to your insurance think of withdrawing and look at another choice for clearing if in the unlikely event you get rejected,
thanks, feels a little better,
where is your insurance choice
thanks, feels a little better,
Hertfordshire
I am unaware of what has been in the news
Original post by swanseajack1
where is your insurance choice

Quick Reply

Latest