The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Your Questions Answered – Coventry University

If you have any questions about student life in Coventry, things to do around the city or are looking for more information - here's the place to ask!
Our team are here to help, so ask away!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m starting this September doing English BA
What are the lecturers and support like within the university? And with the add+vantage module do we have to pick it right away in freshers week because I’m not sure what will be on there?
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by Bluesy101
Hi, I’m starting this September doing English BA
What are the lecturers and support like within the university? And with the add+vantage module do we have to pick it right away in freshers week because I’m not sure what will be on there?

Hi Bluesy101,
In my experience, all the lectures at Coventry have been really friendly and helpful. There's tonnes of support available, both academically from course teams and our Centre of Academic Writing, and from our Health and Wellbeing team and Students Union Advice Centre.

You will have an induction week, during which you will usually receive a talk from the add+vantage team or get some advice on it - after that you will be advised how to view all the available modules and make your selection. I would personally recommend picking as soon as possible after this point, so that you are not disappointed as modules fill up quickly and only have a select number of spaces available on each one.

Hope this helps.
Josh (Social Media Team)
Hello!

I recently put forward a postgraduate fast-track application for an MA course and haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious about it. A lot of my fellow alumni from my class this year who are going onto the same course have all had their applications back but I've yet to receive any sort of information, and we only applied a week apart and the deadline for applications was said to be 31st August 2018. I have a bit of anxiety when it comes to prolonged times of not receiving anything and a lot of my colleagues are saying I'm going to get in since I have the highest grade out of our group but I've not heard any sort of info/had no reply to my official queries to the Postgraduate admissions line, How do i find/when should I know for certain I've gotten on the course?
Original post by Senpai_Matt
Hello!

I recently put forward a postgraduate fast-track application for an MA course and haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious about it. A lot of my fellow alumni from my class this year who are going onto the same course have all had their applications back but I've yet to receive any sort of information, and we only applied a week apart and the deadline for applications was said to be 31st August 2018. I have a bit of anxiety when it comes to prolonged times of not receiving anything and a lot of my colleagues are saying I'm going to get in since I have the highest grade out of our group but I've not heard any sort of info/had no reply to my official queries to the Postgraduate admissions line, How do i find/when should I know for certain I've gotten on the course?

Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch. The best thing to do would be to call our Postgraduate Recruitment & Admissions team on +44 (0) 24 7765 4321. They will be able help look into this for you!

Thanks,

Luke (Social Media Team)
Reply 5
hi. i'm supposed to be starting at coventry next monday studying psychology. i'm just confused when our timetables will be emailed to us for the induction week? there's less than a week left now and still no info?
Original post by Anmol_.
hi. i'm supposed to be starting at coventry next monday studying psychology. i'm just confused when our timetables will be emailed to us for the induction week? there's less than a week left now and still no info?

Hi Anmol,
You can find lots of useful info, including induction week timetables online here.
Josh (Social Media Team)
Reply 7
Original post by Coventry University
If you have any questions about student life in Coventry, things to do around the city or are looking for more information - here's the place to ask!

Will Coventry university accept you if you get on your final A-levels exams CCC for Biomedical Science.

Thanks
Original post by 12345div
Will Coventry university accept you if you get on your final A-levels exams CCC for Biomedical Science.

Thanks

Hello,
Thank you for your message.
All the entry requirements are listed on the course page: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/course-search/
Kind Regards Atika (Social Media Team)
I got a admit for Coventry in MSc Automotive Engineering. I have 90℅ marks in my final year. I got a conditional offer as i didnt yet finish my bachelors yet. The offer letter doesnt give info about Scholarship. I am from India. I belong to middle class family .cant afford £15800 per year. Let me know about Scholarship and city life.

Hi, I was wondering if a car would be helpful for first year of uni, I am contemplating leaving it at home or bringing it with me.
Original post by Akhil Kandaloju
I got a admit for Coventry in MSc Automotive Engineering. I have 90℅ marks in my final year. I got a conditional offer as i didnt yet finish my bachelors yet. The offer letter doesnt give info about Scholarship. I am from India. I belong to middle class family .cant afford £15800 per year. Let me know about Scholarship and city life.

Hi Ankhil, Congratulations on your offer!
You can find details about our scholarships, and how to apply by following this link: https://bit.ly/2Ks6kjZ.
The University does also offer the Chevening Scholarship, which is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. This is a full scholarship offering, but must be applied for via the Chevening website. For further information about this offer, please see https://bit.ly/1nrZ5k2.

Thanks! Josh (Social Media Team)
Original post by Viraj Patel1906
Hi, I was wondering if a car would be helpful for first year of uni, I am contemplating leaving it at home or bringing it with me.

Hi Viraj,
This is really down to personal preference. You may wish to consider whether running costs of a car are worth the use you will get from it, as well as where you are moving from and how frequently you will wish to travel back, or if your course has placements that require independent travel. But as far as every day student life, everywhere in Coventry is really within walking distance and the public transport links are fantastic.
I study nursing and so do use my car, as it is essential to travel to placements that are sometimes remote and require me to work a full range of hours, including nights. However, when I'm not on placement I rarely use it, and I've never driven to uni and I've lived in quite a few different areas now! I would definitely get by just fine without it when not on placements.
Josh (Social Meda Team)
Reply 13

Hi, i want to study in coventry university and wanna take classes in August 2019, plz tell me how can i get admission? And plz guide what is the last date of getting admission?
Hi Asirana,

Thank you for your message, it's great to see that you are interested in joining our University!

Here is the application procedure http://bit.ly/1HRaHx2. The page contains several links to regional contact and telephone numbers for further assistance.

If you have any other specific enquiries, please follow our enquiries procedure here, https://public.dataharvesting.com/coventry-io-rapidresponse.

Thank you!
Atika (Social Media Team
Original post by Asirana
Hi, i want to study in coventry university and wanna take classes in August 2019, plz tell me how can i get admission? And plz guide what is the last date of getting admission?
Hello,

I would like to know what are precisely the skills and employment opportunities you get after obtaining an MBA in Global Business?

And is it possible to have a better description of each of the modules (explanation of each unit of the modules):

- Strategic Management
- Marketing in a Global Age
- Managerial Finance
- Leading in a Changing World
- Project Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Managing International Trade
- Global HRM Strategies
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi! i would like to do Adult Nursing, but i don't have the grades needed, if i did a foundation year in health, education and wellbeing would i be able to apply for nursing? Thanks. @Coventry University
Hey, I wanted to apply for MSc fraud investigation management.
Can someone let me know about how the classes are
when do nurses usually receive offers/interviews

i was wondering when nursing applicants (child/adult/mental health) receive offers/interviews & in what order they are given ?

Quick Reply

Latest