The Student Room Group

I've written a book on Applying to Oxford called Oxford Demystified.. AMA!

And you can read it for free, here on TSR!
There are chapters on
Intro:.Mythbusting
Chapter 1: Should I apply
Chapter 2: TSR and in praise of supporters
Chapter 3 - What it Takes
Chapter 4 - Schemes for State School Students
Chapter 5 - If you get in
Other chapters written by current and past Oxford students about their own degree subjects - why they applied, resources used, how they aced the tests, interviews (though not questions), and their impressions of the course.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have already written one chapter - Oxford Demystified - Medicine from a parent's point of view
My son is also in the throes of writing his own chapter about his journey to Oxford medicine and his impressions of the course so far (he has just finished his second year).
@Puddles the Monkey you could put this in the widget? :ninja:
Reply 3
What's the widget, Cavy?
Original post by CoolCavy
@Puddles the Monkey you could put this in the widget? :ninja:
Original post by Oxford Mum
What's the widget, Cavy?

It's the little box on the right hand side of the screen where threads get promoted :colondollar:
Would be nice for this one to go in it for a day as it looks like a really informative and helpful thread :biggrin:
This is really cool!
I don't have a question but I just wanted to show my appreciation, I love how supportive and passionate you are with helping people with this kind of thing.
You're in the widget, OM :h:
I will see what Richard and Judy say before I add it to my to-read list.
Original post by Notoriety

Don't lie....you'll be on it like a car bonnet
Thanks, I hope you all enjoy it
Original post by CoolCavy
It's the little box on the right hand side of the screen where threads get promoted :colondollar:
Would be nice for this one to go in it for a day as it looks like a really informative and helpful thread :biggrin:
Better believe it, it's my obsession!!! I've been at this, on and off, for two years!
Original post by MidgetFever
This is really cool!
I don't have a question but I just wanted to show my appreciation, I love how supportive and passionate you are with helping people with this kind of thing.
It's ok as long as you like Kit Kats and singing nuns...
And you can read it for free, here on TSR!
There are chapters on
Intro:.Mythbusting
Chapter 1: Should I apply
Chapter 2: TSR and in praise of supporters
Chapter 3 - What it Takes
Chapter 4 - Schemes for State School Students
Chapter 5 - If you get in
Other chapters written by current and past Oxford students about their own degree subjects - why they applied, resources used, how they aced the tests, interviews (though not questions), and their impressions of the course.

Where can I read it?
At the moment there's only one chapter, and that's my take on my younger son's journey to medical school. Just type in Oxford Demystified: medicine from a parent's point of view

I will be blogging a chapter a week. However this chapter had to go first, because so many people are wanting it. My younger son is really excited about writing his chapter and I will be checking it when he comes home on Saturday.

When I have done with the medicine, I will be blogging the intro, called Mythbusting. This will talk about the dreadful statistics, and myths, then how to ignore them. That's what we did. If we had listen to the little voices in our heads that said "you'll never get in", we wouldn't have got anywhere.

All the chapters will start with the words "Oxford Demystified".
Original post by Annamies
Where can I read it?
PRSOM Harrys @Notoriety we are now waiting for your book on how to apply to law school :flute:
Original post by harrysbar
Don't lie....you'll be on it like a car bonnet
PRSOM Harrys @Notoriety we are now waiting for your book on how to apply to law school :flute:

I need to write my monograph on the law relating to upskirting first.
I'm not going to ask you if you have first hand experience at this.... :wink::wink::wink:
I need to write my monograph on the law relating to upskirting first.
I'm not going to ask you if you have first hand experience at this.... :wink::wink::wink:

Actually, only as a white knight. Had a few female parties come up to me in the disco club to tell me to sort out some upskirters. Curse of being 9ft call and having biceps of steel/a kind face.

But back to the point, I am not writing a book on law admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending