The Student Room Group

England is into the world cup semi-finals and no one cares

Makes me really sad. Just because it's women's football no one cares. This time last year when the men's team got into the semi-finals everyone went mental but because it's women this time round, no one cares. I don't care if you say it's because it's less entertaining or whatever because they don't play as well as the men's team. Personally I don't think that's true. Today we scored a goal in under 3 minutes and no one cares, most people won't even be aware of it. It's just so sad to me.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

oh well
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1611
oh well

Why 'oh well'??? They played so well today! Did you even watch?
Because it's the lasses one rather than the proper one. Slower game, less prestigious.

Like Under 21s or 18s. No one cares about those either.

The Paralymics as well. Not really on anyone's radar.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by YasudaSayo
Why 'oh well'??? They played so well today! Did you even watch?

well what else can I say? no I didn't watch it, didn't even know they were playing today, man I didn't even know a women's world cup existed.

the only football I watch is the mens world cup. it's the only one i like
Reply 5
Original post by Notoriety
Because it's the lasses one. No one cares about it.

But why. They are genuinely good. I know absolutely **** all about football, but the way the women's team played today was genuinely so much better and more energetic than the men's team EVER did last year.
But why. They are genuinely good. I know absolutely **** all about football, but the way the women's team played today was genuinely so much better and more energetic than the men's team EVER did last year.

It might look like they played well because they're playing against full-time Belarusian accountants and finance managers.
Reply 7
A lot of people don't really consider it as the "official" world cup, there is like no song for it or anything like that. It's more of a sub-world cup if you get what I mean as @Notoriety implies
It’s a great achievement but I’m not accustomed to the women’s game in whole I’m disillusioned with football as a whole £900,000 a week and wanting more....
I mean i dont care about it because i dont care about the male world cup either :flute:
Reply 10
Because it's the lasses one rather than the proper one. Slower game, less prestigious.

The Paralymics as well. Not really on anyone's radar.

Watch today's game. It was the best, fastest paced game I've ever watched. I don't watch much football, but I watched all of the games in last year's men's world cup, which says a lot.
Reply 11
Original post by Leviathan1611
well what else can I say? no I didn't watch it, didn't even know they were playing today, man I didn't even know a women's world cup existed.

the only football I watch is the mens world cup. it's the only one i like

Ask yourself why, when they play just as well as the men, if not better (which is what I saw today)
Watch today's game. It was the best, fastest paced game I've ever watched. I don't watch much football, but I watched all of the games in last year's men's world cup, which says a lot.

Nah, ya alright.
Reply 13

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by The RAR
A lot of people don't really consider it as the "official" world cup, there is like no song for it or anything like that. It's more of a sub-world cup if you get what I mean as @Notoriety implies

And I think that's really wrong.
Reply 15
Nah, ya alright.

We scored a goal in 2 minutes. You're missing out.
They are genuinely good. I know absolutely **** all about football
Second point negates the first

butthe way the women's team played today was genuinely so much better and more energetic than the men's team EVER did last year.

Yeah, no, it wasn't. It was a decent game, but let's not get carried away.
And I think that's really wrong.

Well that's your opinion mate, some people share your opinion, others my one
Who’s was better rooneys last night or bronze?
Original post by rob t

Spoiler

Reply 19
Original post by rob t

Spoiler

Yes!!

Quick Reply

Latest