The Student Room Group

Uni of Nottingham versus King's College versus Uni of Manchester-International Law

I am an international student from the United States who is looking into International Law programs in Europe. Since law is different here (we do not have law as an undergraduate degree) I have been looking at programs that would accept my first degree equivalent in political science. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the difference between the International Peace and Security MA at KCL versus the International Criminal Justice and Armed Conflict LLM at the University of Nottingham versus the Security and International Law MA at the University of Manchester, and which might be a better program for getting into IGO's and international law. I do not plan on returning to the United States for a significant time so employability in the UK/Europe is much more important for me.

Thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by jger_rams2019
I am an international student from the United States who is looking into International Law programs in Europe. Since law is different here (we do not have law as an undergraduate degree) I have been looking at programs that would accept my first degree equivalent in political science. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the difference between the International Peace and Security MA at KCL versus the International Criminal Justice and Armed Conflict LLM at the University of Nottingham versus the Security and International Law MA at the University of Manchester, and which might be a better program for getting into IGO's and international law. I do not plan on returning to the United States for a significant time so employability in the UK/Europe is much more important for me.

Thank you!

I'm assuming you've compared the courses and found what? You may also want to ask where grads end up and about links with the sector you want to go into. What about work/research opportunities?
I think what is making it difficult is the level of similarity between all of the universities. For each, above 93% find work or further study in their field 6 months after graduation, all schools have different break placement opportunities, and the starting salary is between 25000 and 30000. Does this indicate that I should just choose the most affordable school? I think my main reason for this post was to see if students had different opinions than those that were advertised on the school websites.
Original post by jger_rams2019
I think what is making it difficult is the level of similarity between all of the universities. For each, above 93% find work or further study in their field 6 months after graduation, all schools have different break placement opportunities, and the starting salary is between 25000 and 30000. Does this indicate that I should just choose the most affordable school? I think my main reason for this post was to see if students had different opinions than those that were advertised on the school websites.

If there are no other ways to choose apart from affordability then yes but I suspect there are minor differences that set them apart. It’s really about what those mean to you. Others on here will most likely be in the same boat as you ie applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending