The Student Room Group

A GALACTIC win for the Free Market and EU Libertarians

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48807161

so the EU has just agreed to a massive trade deal with South American countries - The LARGEST in the world- I cannot state this enough, this deal is a massive, massive victory for the EU (and their new partners in South America)

I seriously cannot emphasize enough how amazing this deal is for the 2 blocs and their entire populations - Also on a more global stage it shows that Western Europe is not dependent on increasingly unreliable partners such as the US (and soon to be UK)

It's a bit sad that the UK is throwing all this away because of a red bus, very, very sad
bUt ThE EU is PRotectioNISt!!!11!!1!!!11
Original post by SHallowvale
bUt ThE EU is PRotectioNISt!!!11!!1!!!11

Too right. But at least they have standards. I can't wait to sack off all that high welfare food from the EU in favour of GM modified, hormone fed, anti-biotic riddled chlorinated sh1te that gets produced in the US.

Can you give me an example of a country in the world that isn't protectionist?
Reply 3
Original post by ByEeek
Too right. But at least they have standards. I can't wait to sack off all that high welfare food from the EU in favour of GM modified, hormone fed, anti-biotic riddled chlorinated sh1te that gets produced in the US.

he was mocking brexiteers - and pretty much every country in the world is protectionist to some degree, the point is that brexiteers think it's a good argument for brexit
Big league
Reply 5
hell yeah it is

it's an exciting time to be a young European entrepreneur
Good for the EU and for south america, The more the EU opens up, the more good will come.
I have no doubt that our competent government with negotiate an even better trade deal with South America and the UK economy will boom as our Yorkshire Pudding exports skyrocket.
Original post by ByEeek

Original post by 134841422
he was mocking brexiteers - and pretty much every country in the world is protectionist to some degree, the point is that brexiteers think it's a good argument for brexit

I was making fun of the claim made by Brexiteers that the EU is protectionist. Signing a free trade agreement with lots of South American countries isn't something that would come across as protectionist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending