The Student Room Group

What to do after a binge

I binged and I can’t stop
I don't know what this is related to but learn your trigger thoughts and the reasons behind why you did it
Original post by Anonymous
I binged and I can’t stop
Reply 2
I don't know what this is related to but learn your trigger thoughts and the reasons behind why you did it

Thank you. I’m working on that. What do I do now? I feel guilty and I still want to eat more(wtf is wrong with me?!)
Reply 3
Oh yess. Great idea. Thank you!
Go for a Walk
Reply 5
Original post by Yasmin1224
Go for a Walk

Wouldn’t that trigger more binges tho? Seeing loads of shops around? I just don’t have no self control when I start binging that’s why I prefer starving
Wouldn’t that trigger more binges tho? Seeing loads of shops around? I just don’t have no self control when I start binging that’s why I prefer starving

Going for a walk right after you’ve overeaten can help you clear your mind and will make your body feel better too. It can also help burn some of the extra calories that you might have consumed during a binge. It also improves your mood and reduce some of the negative feelings that may trigger emotional eating and can help prevent future episodes of binging
Sorry if I'm assuming things, but the mention of starving/binging reminds me of an eating disorder, and if you do not believe you have one them maybe you are displaying such behaviours. I have struggled with an ED myself, and prolonged starvation usually leaded to binges anyway. I'm in recovery atm, and my therapist(? idk what to call her, I go to CAMHS every week) tells me that my 'binges' are subjective and simply replacing the food I've been neglecting myself of. Idk your situation, but if you are struggling with a restrict/binge cycle, I think there are bigger problems here.

If you have just binged w/o restriction, please don't stress or heavily restrict tomorrow, because this can lead to more binges even if you believe you can control yourself (coming from experience). Try to eat normally & clean tomorrow, and the day next. A walk is good, but don't try to purge the food with EXTREME exercise. One days binge is usually not enough for significant weight gain, so please be kind to yourself and focus on realising why you binged + your triggers, and improve those instead.

So so sorry if I have just made a mountain out of a molehill and written this massive reply! It's just that having an ED has consumed my life and I wouldn't wish one on anyone.
Reply 8
Original post by Yasmin1224
Going for a walk right after you’ve overeaten can help you clear your mind and will make your body feel better too. It can also help burn some of the extra calories that you might have consumed during a binge. It also improves your mood and reduce some of the negative feelings that may trigger emotional eating and can help prevent future episodes of binging

Thank you x
Reply 9
Sorry if I'm assuming things, but the mention of starving/binging reminds me of an eating disorder, and if you do not believe you have one them maybe you are displaying such behaviours. I have struggled with an ED myself, and prolonged starvation usually leaded to binges anyway. I'm in recovery atm, and my therapist(? idk what to call her, I go to CAMHS every week) tells me that my 'binges' are subjective and simply replacing the food I've been neglecting myself of. Idk your situation, but if you are struggling with a restrict/binge cycle, I think there are bigger problems here.

If you have just binged w/o restriction, please don't stress or heavily restrict tomorrow, because this can lead to more binges even if you believe you can control yourself (coming from experience). Try to eat normally & clean tomorrow, and the day next. A walk is good, but don't try to purge the food with EXTREME exercise. One days binge is usually not enough for significant weight gain, so please be kind to yourself and focus on realising why you binged + your triggers, and improve those instead.

So so sorry if I have just made a mountain out of a molehill and written this massive reply! It's just that having an ED has consumed my life and I wouldn't wish one on anyone.

I got told I’ve got disordered eating but I don’t care because it makes me happy..kind of. Your therapist is right, I binge on everything I know I shouldn’t eat but because I knew I was planning on binging on sweets/chocolates today, I made sure I never had a meal.

I restricted till 8pm today to feel as if tho I deserved the snacks I ate today. I feel guilty because ate 8pm feels way too early to eat (for me atleast). I don’t know if I’m ready to not restrict tmrw but I will try!!

Nooo, thank you. You’ve helped me a lot x
Strong Brit tea... best cure in world. Plenty of sugar.
Oh.. an eating binge. We just drank beer in my day, we were much slimmer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending