The Student Room Group

Lloyds scholars programme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kaneki Amano
A scholarship programme which runs in select Universities e.g. Birmingham, Bath, Sheffield etc

Oh wow! Never heard of this and I live in sheffield must be for the smart people ahah
Original post by Jasmine.bx
Oh wow! Never heard of this and I live in sheffield must be for the smart people ahah

I wouldn't really consider myself as being smart 😅 but this is just for people who come from low-income families and so on
Hi, I will be going on Thursday! How are you feeling? @Kaneki Amano
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by UsernameAnon4321
Hi, I will be going on Thursday! How are you feeling? @Kaneki Amano

A little nervous of course 😬 but I think it'll be really good. Plus, I might be able to meet some Sheffielders. Are you going to Birmingham tomorrow?
@Kaneki AmanoGood! I feel the same. I am a little worried about the role play exercise just because I have no idea what to expect but I hope the assessors are friendly enough that I can open up! And yes I am going to Birmingham tomorrow!! Uni of Sheff too as a matter of fact! What course are you applying for? I'm applying for English.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by UsernameAnon4321
@Kaneki AmanoGood! I feel the same. I am a little worried about the role play exercise just because I have no idea what to expect but I hope the assessors are friendly enough that I can open up! And yes I am going to Birmingham tomorrow!! Uni of Sheff too as a matter of fact! What course are you applying for? I'm applying for English.

Woah 😯 I'm a little worried too but according to Philippa it's quite easy, you just need to make sure you have clear rationale behind what you decide to do. One sec, I'll DM you instead of clogging this thread
Hi, anyone at the Birmingham Assessment Centre please can you message me? You were all so lovely and I only got one person's social media because everyone was split up at the end :frown: Hope it went well!
Reply 47
is anyone going to Birmingham on the 7th August?
Reply 48
I am!
Original post by zxoxsa
Am I the only person still waiting for a response from telephone interview lol
Original post by MNOMAAN1
Am I the only person still waiting for a response from telephone interview lol

Assessment centres run all the way into August so don't worry too much. You should get a response from them after 2/3 weeks or so
Do you have to be doing a specific degree for this programme?
Original post by zxoxsa

Original post by Calmc21
I am!

Which uni?
(edited 4 years ago)
Got my rejection yesterday. The interview was bizarre. Only lasted 18 mins. Questions asked were very generic.

It started with a lot of eligibility questions.

"Why Lloyds?"

"What are you hoping to get out of this program?"

"What aspects of this program do you like best?"

"What are you hoping to get out of your relationship with your mentor?"

"How would you approach this?" I have no idea what this question means. When I asked her to elaborate she repeated the question verbatim.

"The program has a requirement of volunteering, what do you think about this?"
Original post by Xanimede
Got my rejection yesterday. The interview was bizarre. Only lasted 18 mins. Questions asked were very generic.

It started with a lot of eligibility questions.

"Why Lloyds?"

"What are you hoping to get out of this program?"

"What aspects of this program do you like best?"

"What are you hoping to get out of your relationship with your mentor?"

"How would you approach this?" I have no idea what this question means. When I asked her to elaborate she repeated the question verbatim.

"The program has a requirement of volunteering, what do you think about this?"

When was your assessment day if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 55
Queen’s, how about you?
Original post by ForeverYoungx
Which uni?
Original post by Calmc21
Queen’s, how about you?

UCL! Good luck, so nervous 😬
Anyone going to solihull on Wednesday for the assessment? I’m quite annoyed that I picked the earliest date by accident, I want to call them and ask them to change it but I feel like all the later slots in August have been filled. Feel quite nervous.
Yeah I am. Feel the same wish i'd chosen a later date, more people might have posted on here what sort of thing to expect. Am quite nervous.
Original post by alevel.student99
Anyone going to solihull on Wednesday for the assessment? I’m quite annoyed that I picked the earliest date by accident, I want to call them and ask them to change it but I feel like all the later slots in August have been filled. Feel quite nervous.
Reply 59
I did my telephone interview over a month ago and still haven’t got a reply, seems they’re a bit unorganised with selection
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending