The Student Room Group

Nottingham A108 2020 Entry

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A108 (Medicine with a Foundation Year) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/faq/a108-selection.aspx

For entry requirements click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/course/Medicine-with-a-Foundation-Year-(Nottingham-and-Derby-pathway)-BMedSci+and+BMBS

Nottingham Medicine 2020 Offer Holders thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6333388

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

anyone thinking to apply?
Hi all, just wanted to start a new thread on who was thinking of applying to the Nottingham Foundation medicine course in 2020. I was wondering who else is applying?

As well as what GCSE grades have you got, A-level grades if known, and UCAT scores?

A level Predictions: A*BB Biology, Chemistry and Maths

GCSE: A*888777766 6's in English literature and language

UCAT: 2490 Band 2

Also thinking of applying to Leicester, Bristol and Keele.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 4 years ago)
A level Predictions: A*A*A Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (EPQ=A*, already achieved)

GCSE: A*A*AAABBBB in English literature and language

UCAT: 2450 Band 1

score out of 40 : 30/40
I’m also thinking of applying but not sure about the entry criteria as I meet the alevel requirements but not the gcse requirements. also I attended the BSMS brightmed outreach summer school so would this be considered a widening participation scheme?
Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Zain5633
Hi all, just wanted to start a new thread on who was thinking of applying to the Nottingham Foundation medicine course in 2020. I was wondering who else is applying?

As well as what GCSE grades have you got, A-level grades if known, and UCAT scores?

A level Predictions: ABB Biology, Chemistry and Maths

GCSE: A*888777766 6's in English literature and language

UCAT: 2490 Band 2

Also thinking of applying to Leicester, Bristol and Keele.

Thanks in advance.

My application is very similar to this
A level predictions: ABB but one of the B's im currently trying to get to an A before I apply so AAB hopefully (bio chem psychology)
GCSE: 9987777665B ( 5 and B in textiles and product design)

UCAT: 620 band 2

Still deciding where else to apply but nottingham derby pathway is one
Original post by shum1614
A level Predictions: A*A*A Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (EPQ=A*, already achieved)

GCSE: A*A*AAABBBB in English literature and language

UCAT: 2450 Band 1

score out of 40 : 30/40

I think your prediction are too high to enter the course as it requires you to be below AAB, or you have to apply to the 5 year medicine course. I would double check before applying.
Original post by 02nh
My application is very similar to this
A level predictions: ABB but one of the B's im currently trying to get to an A before I apply so AAB hopefully (bio chem psychology)
GCSE: 9987777665B ( 5 and B in textiles and product design)

UCAT: 620 band 2

Still deciding where else to apply but nottingham derby pathway is one

If your applying to foundation medicine then I don't think they allow AAB predictions as they mention that you have to then enter the 5 year medicine course. Also if your A is in chem you can't apply either.
Reply 8
If your applying to foundation medicine then I don't think they allow AAB predictions as they mention that you have to then enter the 5 year medicine course. Also if your A is in chem you can't apply either.

Nope my brother was predicted AAB with As in bio and chem, was made an offer and has just completed his foundation year at nottingham now onto first year. you need AAA predicted for the 5 year course therefore anything lower is fine for foundation year
Original post by 02nh
Nope my brother was predicted AAB with As in bio and chem, was made an offer and has just completed his foundation year at nottingham now onto first year. you need AAA predicted for the 5 year course therefore anything lower is fine for foundation year

Thanks for letting me know, might ask for my predict grades to be raised to A*AB.
Reply 10
Thanks for letting me know, might ask for my predict grades to be raised to A*AB.

Yeah that should be fine, as long as its not AAA.
Good luck
anyone know the amount of points needed to get an interview???
GCSE - 98877666
Alevel - AAA
UCAT - 637.5 band 1
Reply 13
I do qualify under the access to nottingham criteria. But my predicted grades are ABB , I have 9A* at my GCSES . Am I still eligible to apply for medicine under the course I mentioned?.
Original post by Drexx
I do qualify under the access to nottingham criteria. But my predicted grades are ABB , I have 9A* at my GCSES . Am I still eligible to apply for medicine under the course I mentioned?.

You're still eligible to apply don't worry
Original post by 02nh

What were your brother’s stats, if you don’t mind sharing??
Slightly worried about the uploading evidence for work experience. I’ve done loads and have evidence for my clinical work experience, but for my volunteering I’ve only got contact details.

Would having a small statement written by me and having the contact details be enough?
Original post by bathtimecheetah
Slightly worried about the uploading evidence for work experience. I’ve done loads and have evidence for my clinical work experience, but for my volunteering I’ve only got contact details.

Would having a small statement written by me and having the contact details be enough?

Yeah it would probably be smart to leave the contact details
Anyone received that email about not hearing back until 31st Of March
Original post by Deliriouss
Anyone received that email about not hearing back until 31st Of March

Yeah received the same email

Latest

Trending

Trending