The Student Room Group

Car Delivery

Hey I just passed my driving test in Chester with only 3 minors. I’m looking at getting a Kia Picanto 1.2 Automatic on PCP, thing is there isn’t currently a nearby dealership so how do I go about getting the Car delivered to my Address?
Reply 1
Original post by DriverCrazy
Hey I just passed my driving test in Chester with only 3 minors. I’m looking at getting a Kia Picanto 1.2 Automatic on PCP, thing is there isn’t currently a nearby dealership so how do I go about getting the Car delivered to my Address?

Speak to your nearest dealership.
Reply 2
Any dealer will be able to deliver the car to you.
Reply 3
How much is your insurance looking at?
Don't be like the characters in this story:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-your-money-48776454

Aim to buy your first car for under £1000.

Buy a reliable old used diesel.
Reply 5
I’m strongly looking at an Automatic Kia Picanto 1.2 XLine 4sp, thing is it has D1,2 and 3 on the Gearbox? I know D is Drive why does it have those settings for an Auto?
I’m strongly looking at an Automatic Kia Picanto 1.2 XLine 4sp, thing is it has D1,2 and 3 on the Gearbox? I know D is Drive why does it have those settings for an Auto?

Google the owners manual?
Reply 7

1/2/3 will stop the gearbox going above that gear. So if you're in position 2 it will only use 1st and 2nd gear. You don't need it most of the time but can be useful for doing uphill (where you want more power available at higher revs) or downhill (where you want to use engine braking to maintain your speed).

Quick Reply

Latest