The Student Room Group

German Church helps NGO after refugee rescuer arrested by Italy

The ship rescued 50 refugees from just outside of Libyan territorial waters, and made its way to the closest Italian port.

It was waiting for two weeks out at sea after Italy refused to allow it to dock, and the EU refused a request by the NGO to force Italy to recieve them.

Italian police ships attempted to block its passage, but were nudged out of the way by the rescue ship.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-italy/italian-police-arrest-migrant-rescue-ship-captain-after-docking-idUSKCN1TU02X

The Church continues to support the refugee rescue mission, however. I mention this because Christianity is often slated on this forum as some backwards, hateful relgiion - it is not. It is up to each individual to practice Christ's words, and while some do so poorly, some do so magnificently.

https://sea-watch.org/en/evangelische-kirche-in-deutschland-protestant-church-in-germany-continues-to-support-civilian-sea-rescue/
(edited 4 years ago)
Italy wants to remain Italian and not be African

Somehow that racists..

But hey lets remember what racism is, nothing than a double standard against White peopel

Go **** yourself

Eventually we'll be forced to sink refugee ships

Instead of supporting the invasion, how about stopping them leaving in first place huh?
AngeryPenguin
Reply 2
Is this the crack pot woman who tried to kill a boatload of Italian police...?
I like these active open boarder types (the churches supporting her, and the boat captain) - they have their ideology, its clear and logical.. and they are carrying it out.

I strongly disagree with it, and whilst I think in the scheme of history, its inevitable, I hope open boarders doesn't happen any time within my life-time.. but at least they are consistant in what they believe and want and do

I have a lot less time for the softer liberals who support open-boarder type politics in their speach to make themselves look good but then do the exact oposite in their actions. The type who will move to an almost exclusivly white town, whilst praising multi-culturalism.. etc. The type who think that diversity is their strength, but don't want their daughter to marry a black man, that type.

I do believe that open boarders globally, is the future.. we are not technologically and societally ready for it yet, hence why attempts at forcing it now are proving to be disasterous, but it will happen eventually. Its an envitable conclusion of the globalist dirrection we are facing. I will happily argue against it in princple, but I would never argue that it won't happen, because it will, and people would be far better accepting it, rather than getting angry about it.
Original post by Napp
Is this the crack pot woman who tried to kill a boatload of Italian police...?

I don't know which event you are referring to. But she did sort of ram a police ship, maybe it's that?
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin
I don't know which event you are referring to. But she did sort of ram a police ship, maybe it's that?

Yes that’s the one. Ooh she’s in deep **** with the Italians now though.
2 things...

first - good to remember that goverments start wars, not people. The majority of people in the west are strongly against intervention wars. Except in the US straight after 9/11, there hasn't been public approval for any of iraq, afghanistan, libya or syria.. especially in europe. its the goverments and the military complex that wants these wars.. the actual people in the west couldn't give two ***** what's going on in some far away place that doesn't matter to them. So the people are not hypocritical for thinking "we didn't want the intervention, and now the intervention is causing something else we don't want... we don't want any of it!" (before you mention that the people democratically elect the goverments, its hard to make a choice when up until very recently both major parties have supported interventionary wars.. the people don't have much of a choice when they are presented with party A that supports war, vs party B that supports war.

Secondly - you are a really racist individual.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
The captain is a vegan eco-warrior who went to Uni at the UK, her friends will be working flat out to get her off the hook. Didn't manage to find what degree she may have but it will be within the field of Humanities like all her brothers and sisters coming out of the production line. They're just bodies, it's the groups of interests producing them that we must be curious about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending