Elle666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have a final fashion journalism MA project to do but we have to choose between these options:
( take in consideration I have had a really bad experience with this uni since the start for many different reasons and do not wish to redo the same mistakes as before which is work on one project for way too long for nothing)

1- Magazine ( did it before and had horrible feedback & treatment)
2- Book
3- Online
A website, social media tool or tablet application
4- A Hybrid
5-Dissertation

I m thinking the 5th option might be the best, eve tho im not a great writer and i have a graphic design background... But with the awful experience I had creating a 30+ page magazine , spending A LOT OF time nd puttin SO MUCH effort on it for literally being told its **** or not good enough is just mind blowing - So i might do dissertation, as I will have no graphic design skills support otherwise ( unless I find someone who is willing to help with the design of a website, photoshoots etc).

So im looking for advice regarding going for the website option, as there is no way im gonna do a magazine again. or going for the dissert.

My topic will be on Female solo travelling & TCKS with beauty , fashion, safety advice included in the theme. I already did a small booklet magazine on this.. But once again, I dont think I will have the energy nor the time fr it. So if anyone is a GDesigner illustrator or model willing to work with me , then please PM me !

-also wont be in the Uk for the summer so that will be a challenge, thats why id like to know if you guys think its better i just write a dissert and be done with it. -

update: seems like the dissertation is harder than the book. so might be choosing that. can anyone advise me on this?
Last edited by Elle666; 3 months ago
Ramshaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey,

Sorry I wont be able to help with your query however I am applying for MA fashion journalism at UAL and was wondering to get some feedback on the uni, course etc and whether it is worth it?

I have an offer from a different university already so am a bit confused. Thanks!
(Original post by Elle666)
I have a final fashion journalism MA project to do but we have to choose between these options:
( take in consideration I have had a really bad experience with this uni since the start for many different reasons and do not wish to redo the same mistakes as before which is work on one project for way too long for nothing)

1- Magazine ( did it before and had horrible feedback & treatment)
2- Book
3- Online
A website, social media tool or tablet application
4- A Hybrid
5-Dissertation

I m thinking the 5th option might be the best, eve tho im not a great writer and i have a graphic design background... But with the awful experience I had creating a 30+ page magazine , spending A LOT OF time nd puttin SO MUCH effort on it for literally being told its **** or not good enough is just mind blowing - So i might do dissertation, as I will have no graphic design skills support otherwise ( unless I find someone who is willing to help with the design of a website, photoshoots etc).

So im looking for advice regarding going for the website option, as there is no way im gonna do a magazine again. or going for the dissert.

My topic will be on Female solo travelling & TCKS with beauty , fashion, safety advice included in the theme. I already did a small booklet magazine on this.. But once again, I dont think I will have the energy nor the time fr it. So if anyone is a GDesigner illustrator or model willing to work with me , then please PM me !

-also wont be in the Uk for the summer so that will be a challenge, thats why id like to know if you guys think its better i just write a dissert and be done with it. -

update: seems like the dissertation is harder than the book. so might be choosing that. can anyone advise me on this?
Elle666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Ramshaa)
Hey,

Sorry I wont be able to help with your query however I am applying for MA fashion journalism at UAL and was wondering to get some feedback on the uni, course etc and whether it is worth it?

I have an offer from a different university already so am a bit confused. Thanks!
well I have been traumatised by this college/course tbh with u. so I DO NOT recommend. Especially if youre talking about same LFC as I am... if u enjoy being verbally abused/ ignored by ur peers then go for it. My experience might not b urs but Im warning u...
Ramshaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elle666)
well I have been traumatised by this college/course tbh with u. so I DO NOT recommend. Especially if youre talking about same LFC as I am... if u enjoy being verbally abused/ ignored by ur peers then go for it. My experience might not b urs but Im warning u...
Thanks for your response! I declined their offer. I hope you figured out your project!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads