The Student Room Group

Is hair loss normal at 19?

I think my hair has been thinning and I'm wondering if this is even possibly at 19? Any advice on what to do is appreciated.
It is certainly possible for hair to start thinning and/or receding in your late teens.

There isn't a way to prevent it happening, but maybe some of the lads on here can give you some advice on coming to terms with and coping with it.
Reply 2
Really, theres nothing you can do? I'm considering trying hair plugs or possibly a transplant but those are super expensive. Feel way too young to be losing my hair :/
Original post by sinfonietta
It is certainly possible for hair to start thinning and/or receding in your late teens.

There isn't a way to prevent it happening, but maybe some of the lads on here can give you some advice on coming to terms with and coping with it.
Reply 3
Original post by JJBOURNE89
I think my hair has been thinning and I'm wondering if this is even possibly at 19? Any advice on what to do is appreciated.

The simple answer is yes. Your only real options are medication to slow the process by affecting your testosterone levels or get a transplant.

The best advise however is simply come to terms with it.
It's worth having it checked anyway, it's the sort of thing you can easily get paranoid and jump to conclusions about

By no means a certainty, but taking a bit better care of hair and scalp can be worth a try, I thought i was going thin below my crown a few years back and got really worried but doctor said it was really wear & tear, a few washes with a coal tar shampoo and occasionally wearing a hat if it's really sunny and it bushed up again.

Past a point though, it's likely just inevitable, just as your body starts growing hair in places sometimes it also stops sometimes..

Quick Reply

Latest