The Student Room Group

transgender mtf

hey, so i am transgender male to female and just want to ask a few questions. this applies mostly to teenage girls between around 14-18.

So I'm just wanting to know general do's and dont's when it comes to fashion, such as what to wear with what and what should be avoided etc. such as jeans with certain types of footwear and tops which would all look good together. link to online sites if you wish. (I am not too keen on dresses)

Secondly, where do you girls buy your clothes from, and where would you say the cheapest place is?

Thanks in advance.
I watch bestdressed on youtube. Start with her closet essentials video. Go through instagram profiles of fashion influencers and or celebrities and see what you like. Check out thrift stores and I heard that forever 21 is really cheap in the west so if that's where you're from..
Hope I helped
primark is cheap and they have some pretty good stuff
Idk much about fashion, haha. Shop from Primark, H&M, next, uniqlo. Burshka, etc. Anywhere
Reply 4
i dont think I'll be much help because I dress like a bit of. tomboy but I go H&M most of the time but I buy proper stuff like shoes and bags from Vans
Appreciate it. Thanks.
Original post by A.shaquile
I watch bestdressed on youtube. Start with her closet essentials video. Go through instagram profiles of fashion influencers and or celebrities and see what you like. Check out thrift stores and I heard that forever 21 is really cheap in the west so if that's where you're from..
Hope I helped
Original post by SparklesH
primark is cheap and they have some pretty good stuff

Yeah. I've been looking around. Quite cheap. However I'm at the beginning of everything, and don't look anything like a female - and people my age can be really judgemental and horrible - of any age actually. Any ideas of how to go about this and still feel comfortable?
Charity shops
Hope I helped

I love “bestdressed”! I used to have zero style but now I just copy her and I look super fashionable haha

I get my stuff from H&M but mostly I buy second hand using depop or just second hand stores. It’s better for the environment and you can find really cool stuff there
Original post by Random2556
hey, so i am transgender male to female and just want to ask a few questions. this applies mostly to teenage girls between around 14-18.

So I'm just wanting to know general do's and dont's when it comes to fashion, such as what to wear with what and what should be avoided etc. such as jeans with certain types of footwear and tops which would all look good together. link to online sites if you wish. (I am not too keen on dresses)

Secondly, where do you girls buy your clothes from, and where would you say the cheapest place is?

Thanks in advance.

I get most of my clothes from primark, h&m and charity shops. I'm not particularly into fashion so stick with very plain clothes, the occasional patterns and check shirts. You mention you aren't comfortable with dresses but maybe for summer you can try maxi skirts as they go with a lot of different tops.
(edited 4 years ago)
Great. Appreciate it. Thank you. :smile:
Original post by samiontheroad
I love “bestdressed”! I used to have zero style but now I just copy her and I look super fashionable haha

I get my stuff from H&M but mostly I buy second hand using depop or just second hand stores. It’s better for the environment and you can find really cool stuff there

Great.

Went to H&M this week, there's quite a lot of fashionable stuff but really expensive in the east so yeah. How should one buy nice clothes since there's really *****y stuff in the sales, no thrift stores and really expensive stores!? Ugh!!
I Feel you haha.
Went to H&M this week, there's quite a lot of fashionable stuff but really expensive in the east so yeah. How should one buy nice clothes since there's really *****y stuff in the sales, no thrift stores and really expensive stores!? Ugh!!
Original post by Random2556
I Feel you haha.

Where are you from?
England
Where are you from?

Oh haha im from Germany and here it’s apparently different. I get really cool clothes off depop for cheap (try out the app!) and H&M isn’t too expensive either. But like I said, I mostly buy second hand.

But it’s also important to not buy clothes too cheap and not buy too many, because then you’re supporting really bad work conditions
Been on the depop app alot today. Some promising stuff
Oh haha im from Germany and here it’s apparently different. I get really cool clothes off depop for cheap (try out the app!) and H&M isn’t too expensive either. But like I said, I mostly buy second hand.

But it’s also important to not buy clothes too cheap and not buy too many, because then you’re supporting really bad work conditions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending