The Student Room Group

Civil Service Policy Profession Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when we’ll find out our start date?
I’m not sure - the email said the department would be in touch with all the information so I’m hoping it will be soon! I haven’t got the email about qualifications yet - have you?
Original post by laura-ga
I wasn't expecting the Home Office but very excited to work there. Do you know if it is a September start? Have you been contacted asking for your qualifications?
No, not yet
Hello guys!Can anyone tell me where you applied for the policy advisor app.? I visited the government's website for the fast track program but it shows that it is not running this year. I also wrote an e-mail and they confirmed that it is not running this year.Does anyone have any advice where I could apply for such a program? I would be really grateful if someone could help me out.Thank You!
On Civil Service jobs - every job whether it is entry or a scheme is posted on there. You can set up alerts for the kind of ones you are interested in. Although this scheme is similar to the Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme it is a different scheme and I was told at the assessment day that this is the first year it is running.
Original post by Christian Long
Hello guys!Can anyone tell me where you applied for the policy advisor app.? I visited the government's website for the fast track program but it shows that it is not running this year. I also wrote an e-mail and they confirmed that it is not running this year.Does anyone have any advice where I could apply for such a program? I would be really grateful if someone could help me out.Thank You!
Has anyone been told where to send qualifications? Also does anyone know the actually salary in London (including London weighting)?...
Fast track application window will be opening in Feb 2020, that’s what I was informed anyway! As they’re reviewing the programme and trying to improve the training provider.
Original post by Christian Long
Nothing about qualifications yet. Not sure about what the salary for London will be as it wasn't specified in the job advert.
Original post by Rhegerty
Has anyone been told where to send qualifications? Also does anyone know the actually salary in London (including London weighting)?...
Anyone been asked to send qualifications yet? I am still waiting
Anyone on the reserve list... I rejected my offer today! I hope you love the job ❤️
i just accepted a role from the reserve list for the home office!
has anybody heard anything about a start date etc yet?
Still no news on start dates etc, but I did get an email asking for my qualifications yesterday, so hopefully some movement soon! Where is everyone else up to?
Reply 73
Original post by juanitapepita
Still no news on start dates etc, but I did get an email asking for my qualifications yesterday, so hopefully some movement soon! Where is everyone else up to?

this is where i am up to also! hopefully we'll hear more soon - maybe mid-late august once everyone has results?
Has anyone heard any more yet? My qualifications have been accepted but still no new form my dept on start date etc!
Just finished my high level security check for Department for Transport this week. I'm guessing an early October start date?
How is everyone sorting housing for London?? Are there any groups dedicated to it?
Reply 77
Has anyone had any further updates or communication from their department about a start date yet?
I was told I was overqualified but I was given a start date as a full EO on 4th November in DfT, I remember them saying you should be in post by November.
Reply 79
Original post by Matthew1509
I was told I was overqualified but I was given a start date as a full EO on 4th November in DfT, I remember them saying you should be in post by November.

I was given security clearance a few months back and was asked to send my academic transcripts a few weeks back but nothing since. I wonder if I may be in a similar position to you, although I was assigned a different department so maybe they just aren't as far along in the process?
How long was it between you sending off your academic stuff to them telling you you were overqualified?

Congrats on getting the EO position though!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending