The Student Room Group

If I apply with higher grades than entry requirements do I have to get these grades

Say if the uni wants AAB as entry requirements and I am preicted A*AA, if I put my predicted on ucas does this mean I have to get my predicted grades to get an offer or do I just have the get the minimal entry requirements.
Original post by Hj5673
Say if the uni wants AAB as entry requirements and I am preicted A*AA, if I put my predicted on ucas does this mean I have to get my predicted grades to get an offer or do I just have the get the minimal entry requirements.

You'll likely get a standard offer at most, i.e. no higher than AAB.
Reply 2
But once I sit my actual alevels do I have to get my predicted grades to get accepted into the uni or do I have to get the entry requirements.
Original post by Blue_Cow
You'll likely get a standard offer at most, i.e. no higher than AAB.
Original post by Hj5673
But once I sit my actual alevels do I have to get my predicted grades to get accepted into the uni or do I have to get the entry requirements.

The entry requirements.

...which will be listed and described in your UCAS offer.
Original post by Hj5673

You don't put your predictions on your UCAS form - this is something your referee does.

You have to get the grades the university asks for in your offer.
I think people may be overcomplicating this.
Grade requirements put out by universities are the minimum that you need. So if you need AAB and get A*AA, you will still be accepted. You could even get into a new university through adjustment if you beat your minimum required grade!
The typical offer on Uni websites is the one given to the vast majority of offer holders, (may get adjusted downward for a few reasons), they don't get adjusted upwards because you're predicted higher. You're not required to meet your predictions, you are required to meet whatever offer you're given.
Reply 8
Thanks, that was the most helpful answer. I appreciate your help!
Original post by Admit-One
The typical offer on Uni websites is the one given to the vast majority of offer holders, (may get adjusted downward for a few reasons), they don't get adjusted upwards because you're predicted higher. You're not required to meet your predictions, you are required to meet whatever offer you're given.
Original post by Hj5673
Thanks, that was the most helpful answer. I appreciate your help!

No problem and thanks for the kind words. Hope it all goes well for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending