The Student Room Group

Favourite date ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
We make a 3 course meal and then have a walk down the beach during sunset. Others include anime marathon

Sounds great! :awesome:

Original post by coolangelcakes
going to stalk you now :eek:

:ninjagirl:

Original post by barror1
Before we broke up, my BF and I spent valentine's day at IKEA. Not the most romantic, but it was fun!

IKEA is hella fun! Love it :teeth:
Reply 41
Gig
i'm yet to actually go on a date, but similar to you, exporting is great, I've said before that my ideal birthday present is spontaneously getting a train ticket and going exploring somewhere I've never been before for the day, don't know what we'll do there but it's all about making the most of it, this would also be a great date for me but nothing is planned so no expense apart from what we decide upon there and then, or just a walk somewhere quiet but not isolated like a park picnic perhaps) or mountain range...that's quite isolated. Then again I'm also partial to karaoke but currently only Queen and Abba in my repertoire as I'm rubbish with lyrics :frown:, but get me tipsy enough then I'll sing pretty well I might add. Just spending time having fun, with the people I like I can have fun doing the most boring of things, there is no perfect date, but these three/four...I can't count but are good. Sitting in a field with very warm clothes in an area with no street lights and just chatting whilst staring into the beauty that is space is also a good one, actually my ideal one and I plan on doing this in the Scottish highlands some time. I see beauty in nature, nature is good.
Original post by coolangelcakes
SEX :colondollar:
simple things like home made meal, reading books, walks and sex of course :smile:

be his full course meal
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
be his full course meal

hahaha
I mean, I'm not in a relationship with anyone, but something like a movie's always quite nice (even if it's expensive)

Otherwise, last weekend me and my friend had a picnic in the park, and that was great ^^
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi
I mean, I'm not in a relationship with anyone, but something like a movie's always quite nice (even if it's expensive)

How is a movie a good way to get to know someone? You just sit there in silence watching a film lmao
70mm films with great seats in London are <£20, maybe he's renting out the entire cinema for a private viewing
You're kidding, right? ._.

Going to the cinema nowadays can be quite pricey, especially if you're getting popcorn and any other extras on top of the ticket.
Original post by Palmyra
How is a movie a good way to get to know someone? You just sit there in silence watching a film lmao

Depends on the film, surely? Actions speak louder than words ;P

I'd also be imagining more the things you'd do before and after the movie, such as maybe getting dinner afterwards. You'd be ikely chatting and talking about the movie.
Reply 49
I'd sooner spend 30 quid buying her ale than 30 quid to be squeezed into a cinema watching shite films with the local bell ends.
That's nice, I'm sure you two had a great time! :biggrin:

Well, excuse me for my lack of experience on dates, my idea is merely an answer to the thread- besides, I much prefer simpler activities rather than flashy ones. When you don't have a solid flow of income coming in, it's difficult to really do anything.
(edited 4 years ago)
simple, casual dates e.g. getting coffee together & walking round the city after, picnics etc.

my dream date would probably be dinner at a restaurant, then ice-skating, then just driving around in the dark (bonus points if it's raining/snowing).
how do u even get girls to date u
Swinging, as in mini golf with cocktails.
Uncharted 3 multiplayer split screen is where the fun is
Oh.

Nah, I get it. Most couples will be able to easily pay for the movies, sure, but then you have a few that don't do those kinds of things so often. Some in that kind of situation would dream to have enough to go abroad for a date, but they simply can't.

In that perspective, the cinema's a little pricey. It feels even more pricey if you can get a similar experience for a lot cheaper by just watching a movie on Netflix at home.

The fun of going to the cinema with someone is always good to me, but it wouldn't be something I do often.
Original post by Max1989
i'm yet to actually go on a date, but similar to you, exporting is great, I've said before that my ideal birthday present is spontaneously getting a train ticket and going exploring somewhere I've never been before for the day, don't know what we'll do there but it's all about making the most of it, this would also be a great date for me but nothing is planned so no expense apart from what we decide upon there and then, or just a walk somewhere quiet but not isolated like a park picnic perhaps) or mountain range...that's quite isolated. Then again I'm also partial to karaoke but currently only Queen and Abba in my repertoire as I'm rubbish with lyrics :frown:, but get me tipsy enough then I'll sing pretty well I might add. Just spending time having fun, with the people I like I can have fun doing the most boring of things, there is no perfect date, but these three/four...I can't count but are good. Sitting in a field with very warm clothes in an area with no street lights and just chatting whilst staring into the beauty that is space is also a good one, actually my ideal one and I plan on doing this in the Scottish highlands some time. I see beauty in nature, nature is good.

All of these sound like great ideas!
Original post by KJEKJE Says Hi

Otherwise, last weekend me and my friend had a picnic in the park, and that was great ^^

I think seeing a movie by itself isn't necessarily a great date because you can't talk to each other, but going to dinner beforehand or getting ice cream after makes it a lot better!
Original post by Anonymous
simple, casual dates e.g. getting coffee together & walking round the city after, picnics etc.

my dream date would probably be dinner at a restaurant, then ice-skating, then just driving around in the dark (bonus points if it's raining/snowing).

Ice skating would be so fun!
(edited 4 years ago)
I love
Movie and Meal
Bowling
Theatre show (Local ones are cheaper and same experience)
Watch local band
Air Rifle shooting at local clubs (Have a free trial)
Den Making/ Hot chocolate/ Smores
Cooking a meal together
Driving down to local beach
Local Zoo/ animal sanctuary
Stoll around local Docks
Day on the bus (Maybe go to town)
i'm looking through this thread as if i'll ever have a girlfriend to take out on cute dates like this,, but i can dream! here are some:
- watching bad films (so bad that they're good); this can involve going to the cinema or just finding bad rates on rotten tomatoes and watching them illegally
- going to the theatre (if cheap; if not, youtube bootlegs)
- grocery shopping and/or cooking a meal together
- getting coffee/tea together on a cold day
- going to the bookstore for hours (alternative: one person brings a book they have and reads to the other person as they listen to their voice)
- arcade dates!! could be expensive but would definitely be really fun (especially the dance machines)
- playing through a game (or several) together as far as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending