The Student Room Group

Mental health- I need advice

This is going to be long. (Ik it’s best to talk to a professional but I don’t want to and I can’t talk to my parents because they don’t believe in mental health lol😂)
Irdfk what the problem is so any suggestions will be great. Every now and then I will just fully have a mental breakdown and be crying.
Another thing is that I will also feel like I have to do something. It’s not like there is a voice telling me to do it but it makes me uncomfortable and uneasy when I don’t do it. For example, I jumped out a window ( it was only on the first floor though😂) in a restaurant and poured a drink over someone’s head when someone said that I wouldn’t.

TW Food

Spoiler

Thank you to any ideas or help and tbh ty for even reading this. 🙂
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How old are you OP?
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
How old are you OP?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

You can get help without your parents input at the age of 16 as legally you're entitled to confidentiality at that age.
Reply 4
But Idk if it’s worth it because I don’t know whether I’m being dramatic and whether it’ll sort itself out when I’m a little bit older
Original post by Pathway
You can get help without your parents input at the age of 16 as legally you're entitled to confidentiality at that age.
Reply 5
Are you boy or girl?
Are you studying in high school?
Reply 6
Girl in high school
Original post by rjckk
Are you boy or girl?
Are you studying in high school?
Reply 7
But Idk if it’s worth it because I don’t know whether I’m being dramatic and whether it’ll sort itself out when I’m a little bit older

Well. You're not a professional. See someone who knows about mental health (not all GPs do) tell them what you experience. Let them make the choice if you dont know if you're being dramatic.

PS I don't think you are being dramatic.
I've been in your situation and I get not wanting to speak to someone. Trust me, you can't solve it by yourself and the internet won't help you really. Tell a family member before you harm yourself
it sounds to me that maybe there is a lack of efforts put into a specific aim in your life. I obviously do not know you ans do not be offended at all. as this is a general idea that I see commonly with youngsters. their focus isn't put into one place. and they can not do that alone unless someone tells them as they get distracted. I believe that now u can see that most of the actions you mentioned are random and have no correlation to suggest any mental health issue. but the only common factor could be is your physical health. why not start few exercises in your room. no one has to know. consistency is a key. just few at first. start small. and if you feel after 2 weeks that your body is some hose starting to cooperate you can increase it at your level. also if you are someone who doesn't mind joing the gym free hours you can do that and try the leisure centres in your area. they sure have free hours for anyone.
drink water more frequently too
eat fruits as they have antioxidants that will help detox stress and anger.
dark chocolate is great too.
diet and physical health is very important.

if you d like to ask any questions you can always contact me on here.

all the best
with love and peace
Ty so much. ❤️ I’ll probably talk to someone soon
Original post by Pathway
Well. You're not a professional. See someone who knows about mental health (not all GPs do) tell them what you experience. Let them make the choice if you dont know if you're being dramatic.

PS I don't think you are being dramatic.
How did it go for you? Do you mind saying what your situation was? : )
I've been in your situation and I get not wanting to speak to someone. Trust me, you can't solve it by yourself and the internet won't help you really. Tell a family member before you harm yourself
Ty for the advice. At the moment I do exercise for 30 minutes in the morning and an hour in the evening(I’m on holiday so I’ve got lots of time) and drinking water isn’t an issue as I don’t like fizzy drinks but is there more I could do bc that doesn’t seem to work :/. Please give more advice and ty for giving me more ideas ❤️
Original post by razanrosa11
it sounds to me that maybe there is a lack of efforts put into a specific aim in your life. I obviously do not know you ans do not be offended at all. as this is a general idea that I see commonly with youngsters. their focus isn't put into one place. and they can not do that alone unless someone tells them as they get distracted. I believe that now u can see that most of the actions you mentioned are random and have no correlation to suggest any mental health issue. but the only common factor could be is your physical health. why not start few exercises in your room. no one has to know. consistency is a key. just few at first. start small. and if you feel after 2 weeks that your body is some hose starting to cooperate you can increase it at your level. also if you are someone who doesn't mind joing the gym free hours you can do that and try the leisure centres in your area. they sure have free hours for anyone.
drink water more frequently too
eat fruits as they have antioxidants that will help detox stress and anger.
dark chocolate is great too.
diet and physical health is very important.

if you d like to ask any questions you can always contact me on here.

all the best
with love and peace
Reply 13
Girl in high school

Your mental health issue is a bit severe, you may PM me if you'd like
(edited 4 years ago)
What is actually wrong with me tho and what can I do to change?
Original post by rjckk
Your mental health issue is a bit severe, you may PM me if you'd like
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
I think you should seek help from doctor.
Do you study well?
What is actually wrong with me tho and what can I do to change?
I have some moods where I work hard but a lot of the time I just can’t be bothered with it tbh
Original post by rjckk
I think you should seek help from doctor.
Do you study well?
Reply 17
You have violence tendency?
I have some moods where I work hard but a lot of the time I just can’t be bothered with it tbh
Wdym violence tendency? Just confused 🤷*♀️
Original post by rjckk
You have violence tendency?
Ty for the advice. At the moment I do exercise for 30 minutes in the morning and an hour in the evening(I’m on holiday so I’ve got lots of time) and drinking water isn’t an issue as I don’t like fizzy drinks but is there more I could do bc that doesn’t seem to work :/. Please give more advice and ty for giving me more ideas ❤️

sorry the page got stuck
SharedScreenshot.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest