A-Level Maths A
A-Level Accounting B
A-Level Economics C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Russian: A*
Physics: A*
Maths: A
Chemistry: C ( too much time was spend on phys and russian lul)
Best case scenario:
A* in Chemistry
A in Biology
B in Maths ( no way I got an A after Paper 2 on Edexcel maths)

Worst case scenario:
A in Chemistry
B in Biology
B in Maths

Seriously so scared for A level Results Day eek
Chemistry A
Biology B
Maths D

Need 3As for med school. Don’t have much hope. Optimistically I think AAB is possible. But honestly maths was a **** show.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jamie_1712
Chemistry A
Biology B
Maths D

Need 3As for med school. Don’t have much hope. Optimistically I think AAB is possible. But honestly maths was a **** show.

Honestly, you are not alone, I have an offer of AAA for A100 Medicine. Maths was horrible, did you do Edexcel? What Med school did you firm?
Maths A*
Physics A*
Computer Science A*
Further Maths B

Semi sh*****g myself. I need A*A*AA, and I doubt they'll accept A*A*A*B as a substitute
Reply 6
Yeah I'm pretty sure Maths (on the Edexcel course anyway) went bad for pretty much everybody who didn't do further maths.. I really don't know how it's gonna pan out, I was predicted an A, really unsure of what will happen now
Chemistry A
Biology B
Maths D

Original post by 12KK
Yeah I'm pretty sure Maths (on the Edexcel course anyway) went bad for pretty much everybody who didn't do further maths.. I really don't know how it's gonna pan out, I was predicted an A, really unsure of what will happen now

At least Edexcel isn’t as ****ed up as MEI in terms of grade boundaries. Apparently up to 70% of people who do my exam board also do further maths, and 60% go to private school. So I’m screwed over twice. Also the exams were stupid hard.
Original post by HappyMedic2001
Honestly, you are not alone, I have an offer of AAA for A100 Medicine. Maths was horrible, did you do Edexcel? What Med school did you firm?

Only got one offer (UEA) which was my fav anyway! I did MEI.
Geography: C (really messed up the physical geo exam)
Religious Studies: B (maybe C though as the grade boundaries are so high)
Maths: C

I need at least AAB so I'm kinda screwed but I just hope the exams went better than I remember
Business : D*
IT : D*
Maths : B

Maths fked me
Need AAA
Predicted before my mental health problems and attempts A*A*A
Probs BBB
For maths chem and bio
Will update depending on how I feel 🙃
T_T that must be so hard omg im sorry T_T that was my biggest fear when i was going into my exams...the fear that other candidates would have the upper hand advantage bc of private school or other resources (in ur case further maths resources)
At least Edexcel isn’t as ****ed up as MEI in terms of grade boundaries. Apparently up to 70% of people who do my exam board also do further maths, and 60% go to private school. So I’m screwed over twice. Also the exams were stupid hard.
Original post by anonymoussse
T_T that must be so hard omg im sorry T_T that was my biggest fear when i was going into my exams...the fear that other candidates would have the upper hand advantage bc of private school or other resources (in ur case further maths resources)

Further maths gives no advantage in normal maths exams. I do further maths, yet used no techniques outside the single maths spec in my single maths exams.
The fact that 70% of the students do further maths doesn't mean that 70% are advantaged BECAUSE of furher maths. Instead, it means that 70% of the students are likely to already be of fairly high ability and THEREFORE take further maths too
so basicalllyyyy i always make 3 lists: "absolute best case scenario" and "absolute worst case scenario" and "what i feel i'd get"

usually the "absolute worst case scenario" always comes true for me

1. "absolute best case scenario": A*AB (bio,psy.chem) or AAA (I reallyyyy doubt I'll get an A in chemistry. I don't know what's wrong with me that I never average an A in chemistry. I feel really down about that. But i'm really happy with my B if i get it. that's really amazing!)

2. "absolute worst case scenario": i keep having nightmares about this, for real. CCC or BCC (bio,psy,chem)

3. "what i feel i'd get": BBC...or BBB

(i'd be sooooo heartbroken with BBB if i'm trying for med school:frown:)
update its ABB :smile: feeling a bit meh.. not enough for med school
(edited 4 years ago)
Sociology- A
English literature- A/B
Psychology (AS)- B/C
Reply 16
Chemistry A
Biology B
Maths D

Wishing you the best hope you get into med school
Biology-D
Maths-E
Chemistry-D

Don't feel hopeful...
Seriously? Asking it already? As soon as I saw the thread title I felt like I had a heart attack. Like I am seriously ******** for result's day. What I think I am going to get:
Geography - B (Messed up the coursework)
Biology - B (Messed up the last paper)
Computer Science - A (Felt like I messed up paper 2 a little)

Best case scenario: A*AA (Highly doubt it, especially with Bio)
Worst case scenario: BBC (I will be VERY pissed if I get anything below as I worked bloody hard through the year)
(edited 4 years ago)
Best case: A*A*A*
Worst case: AAB (B in biology- if the grade boundaries screw me)
Expected: ???

I need three As for vet

Quick Reply

Latest