The Student Room Group

Deloitte Careers Shapers day

Hi there,

I have organised some work experience with deloitte in Manchester for a couple of weeks time. I live just outside of Leeds so it’s not ideal for me, i was wondering what’s the best option of either taking a train there and back for the 3 day period or staying overnight in a hotel for the 3 day work experience.

Any advice is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I am only 17 too
I would say AirBnB but you need to be over 18. I would honestly say the train it only takes about 50 minutes, and for three days it won't be too expensive especially if you have a 16-25 railcard. You can try to buy advance tickets in preparation for the day as they are cheaper or get your parent/guardian to do it for you.
Leeds.JPG
Original post by 13greenr
Hi there,

I have organised some work experience with deloitte in Manchester for a couple of weeks time. I live just outside of Leeds so it’s not ideal for me, i was wondering what’s the best option of either taking a train there and back for the 3 day period or staying overnight in a hotel for the 3 day work experience.

Any advice is much appreciated :smile:
Reply 3
Yes that’s swayed me to thinking the train is the best option. I could also buy a railcard too as I do use the train frequently.

Thanks for your help! :smile:
No worries, I was gonna say if you went on the hotel route (some hotels do take in 16+ not only is it more expensive but you also have to pay for food and stuff! :biggrin: ) Best of luck with the work experience!
Original post by 13greenr
Yes that’s swayed me to thinking the train is the best option. I could also buy a railcard too as I do use the train frequently.

Thanks for your help! :smile:
Anyone there today??
Reply 6
Yep

Quick Reply

Latest