The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys Interesting threads to read ☺️Has anyone a start date based in london? This is for the g4 business support officer 2018 campaign
(edited 4 years ago)
Can anyone shed light on the current campaign? I'm scheduled for interview next week.

Why are they recruiting more if they haven't placed the last lot?
Can we really expect to be waiting a year for a start date with this batch?
I joined on the 29th of April. I applied June 2018. Be prepared for the wait. It seems alot of external candidates fail the security clearance or pre employment checks and hence its taking longer to fill posts.

Also alot of posts in London are harder to fill!
Original post by Grad2019
Can anyone shed light on the current campaign? I'm scheduled for interview next week.

Oh wow

Where are you based? And how long did your clearance take?
Original post by Grad2019

Original post by NazMaddy
I joined on the 29th of April. I applied June 2018. Be prepared for the wait. It seems alot of external candidates fail the security clearance or pre employment checks and hence its taking longer to fill posts.

What makes you say the posts in London are harder to fill ?
Reply 65
Has anyone on the g4 campaign has an email today details have been sent to Data Management and to the various commands for verification’ ? should I expect to hear a date soon?
Reply 66
Hope it’s going well !! I’m still waiting. Received a slightly different email today did you get this before getting a date? I pray it means ones coming your been sent to Data Management and to the various commands for verification

Senior management attended our inductions and made the statemt. Alot of posts especially grade 4, 5 & 6 are hard to fill I am assuming due to costs of living etc and the Unions have been fighting for a payrise for a long time it wont go past the 1% (tbh same issue in alot of government departments) The team I am on has seen alot of the london staff leave for the private sector.
Original post by Ejah5
What makes you say the posts in London are harder to fill ?
Hi Naz,

Just trying to get a clearer picture. Is it to say the roles get filled up mostly by internal candidates. Do you have a clue for why external candidates fail clearance/ Pre employment checks? Or do you know anyone that has failed their clearance/ checks

Owz the job so far?
Hiya

Its hard to say as the jobs have mainly been advertised externally but also people within the NCA can apply for these roles as part of the lateral moves, and also people like me who move across from different departments.

Clearances can be a number of things I personally dont know anyone whose failed but you dont get told why its failed hence its encouraged to be honest when completing the document.

The job is going good so far!
Original post by Desola30
Hi Naz,

Just trying to get a clearer picture. Is it to say the roles get filled up mostly by internal candidates. Do you have a clue for why external candidates fail clearance/ Pre employment checks? Or do you know anyone that has failed their clearance/ checks

Owz the job so far?
Thanks, i was successful for G5 at interview in London so the months of waiting begins i guess
Senior management attended our inductions and made the statemt. Alot of posts especially grade 4, 5 & 6 are hard to fill I am assuming due to costs of living etc and the Unions have been fighting for a payrise for a long time it wont go past the 1% (tbh same issue in alot of government departments) The team I am on has seen alot of the london staff leave for the private sector.
Original post by Ejah5
Thanks, i was successful for G5 at interview in London so the months of waiting begins i guess

Congrats
Did you just hear today? I'm waiting for G5 as well but applied for Gartcosh (Glasgow) location.
(edited 4 years ago)
I heard on Monday :smile:
I also heard back on Monday for the new G5 position. Has anyone had any luck getting through to the number provided on the email? I’m wanting to change my location preferences but have only got through to a fishy sounding answering machine
Reply 74
I've just recently been accepted into the HEO candidate pool for 2019 (currently a part of another CS department). In regards to your question, I would have thought that they note your 1st and 2nd (and even 3rd) location preference from your application? If not, I may need to do the same, however, the number associated with recruitment just rings forever until it reaches the answering machine as you have mentioned; the message (in this case) is simply two words, namely "recruitment Birmingham".
Original post by Vhodge95
I also heard back on Monday for the new G5 position. Has anyone had any luck getting through to the number provided on the email? I’m wanting to change my location preferences but have only got through to a fishy sounding answering machine
Hi, I received an email today saying I was successful at my G5 interview - based in Warrington. I am now in the candidate pool. On the back of this, how likely is it that I will get a job offer on the back of this or is it just a way to let you down lightly? :frown: TIA.
Well done. I'm not sure I think they put everyone in the candidate pool but I have been waiting since October! Good luck!
Original post by MollyGlebe2019
Hi, I received an email today saying I was successful at my G5 interview - based in Warrington. I am now in the candidate pool. On the back of this, how likely is it that I will get a job offer on the back of this or is it just a way to let you down lightly? :frown: TIA.
Not sure. I had an interview previously with them and was told straight away I didn’t get it so this looks a little more positive. Fingers crossed!
Reply 78
HI I got told on Monday I've been placed in the candidate pool. I currently work for HMRC. knowing the civil service it takes forever but I hope it's not going to be a year!! At my interview they said they would be expanding for a few years yet so I hope that means we get placed quickly.
Is this based at Warrington, also?
Original post by Ellly74
HI I got told on Monday I've been placed in the candidate pool. I currently work for HMRC. knowing the civil service it takes forever but I hope it's not going to be a year!! At my interview they said they would be expanding for a few years yet so I hope that means we get placed quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending