The Student Room Group

Teacher made me sign up for the wrong UCAS

I will be starting uni in 2020 but he sent me the link for 2019 entry. I already made an account before realising this. I can't make another account for 2020 entry because it says "You only need to register once. If you apply more than once in a cycle your application fee will not be refunded." And also on another page it said something about being charged twice. What do I do???
Reply 1
helpppppp
Original post by YasudaSayo
I will be starting uni in 2020 but he sent me the link for 2019 entry. I already made an account before realising this. I can't make another account for 2020 entry because it says "You only need to register once. If you apply more than once in a cycle your application fee will not be refunded." And also on another page it said something about being charged twice. What do I do???

Have you paid an application fee yet though, because if not you could just let the application lapse and then reapply for 2020 in September with a fresh application
Phone UCAS - now.
You have a 'cooling off' period.

Contact UCAS. I'd recommend phoning as it will be quicker. They're open until 6pm so you still have some time to get it fixed today.
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
Have you paid an application fee yet though, because if not you could just let the application lapse and then reapply for 2020 in September with a fresh application

Wdym let the application lapse? And no I haven’t paid I haven’t even linked my account to my college yet
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by MinaBee
Contact UCAS. I'd recommend phoning as it will be quicker. They're open until 6pm so you still have some time to get it fixed today.

Is it that urgent??? I’m at work so I can’t phone them today
Reply 7
Original post by returnmigrant
Phone UCAS - now.
You have a 'cooling off' period.

What does cooling off period mean? Do I urgently need to phone them? Because I can’t today
Phone them as soon as you can, explain what has happened and they will tell you what to do.
Don't worry about it should be fine since you're applying for 2020 entry? I'm doing the same and was going to apply for 2019 entry but decided not to and did not pay. You are allowed to make more then one account however you will need to put all the information back in to the 2020 entry account.
Wdym let the application lapse? And no I haven’t paid I haven’t even linked my account to my college yet

You haven't paid anything so you haven't actually applied for 2019 entry. Your post is a bit confusing so I agree with other people that the best thing is to give UCAS a call when you're free to explain your situation in more detail to them, but you can't lose anything since you haven't paid anything.
Reply 11
Original post by harrysbar
You haven't paid anything so you haven't actually applied for 2019 entry. Your post is a bit confusing so I agree with other people that the best thing is to give UCAS a call when you're free to explain your situation in more detail to them, but you can't lose anything since you haven't paid anything.

I have applied, the thing is I made a 2019 account when I should’ve made a 2020 account. I won’t panic yet because I haven’t paid so it’s fine. I’m too scared to call ucas because if my problem is really that confusing I don’t want to have to explain it over the phone
I have applied, the thing is I made a 2019 account when I should’ve made a 2020 account. I won’t panic yet because I haven’t paid so it’s fine. I’m too scared to call ucas because if my problem is really that confusing I don’t want to have to explain it over the phone

You could just leave it until September 2019 and then your application will automatically be for 2020 not 2019. You don't have to be scared to call ucas - they are used to nervous students and will know the easiest way to change a 2019 account into a 2020 account.

Write down what you want to say and read it out.
Seriously? How are you going to cope at university?
🙄arghhh
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bluebells602003
PS being banded back n forward at our school when our application should be ready to go.. wasting time and talking as if it won’t be sent off till December. Not waiting that long. Wanted to send it off in next week or so but school is useless

Did you manage to sort out your UCAS application so you're applying for the right year?

Are you applying for an early deadline course (e.g., medicine or Oxbridge)?

The UCAS equal consideration deadline for most courses is January 15th - there's absolutely no rush in getting it in earlier than that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending